General Job Role and Responsibilities:
Globaltransol LLC is a rapidly growing International Freight Forwarder with Office in Kingston New York and Las Vegas, Nevada . We are looking for an experienced Import/ Export Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate will arrange the best means of transport using the services of Ocean, Air, Ground and Rail operations. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Researching and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment.
- Arranging documentation to satisfy all government, insurance and industry related requirements.
- Working with 3rd parties to move goods (via road, rail, air or ocean) in accordance with requirements.
- Arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of clients.
- Work with our New York office on daily basis to organize shipment moving within both locations.
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of the freight.
- Communication skills - you will be a liaison between customers and ship brokers, airline carrier representatives, customs officers, and overseas agents.
- Must be available after hours, for occasional situations that require us to communicate with our overseas agents in different time zones.
- Hazardous training and practical knowledge of US Customs Brokerage a plus.
- Good geographical and sound industry knowledge.
General Traits of an Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented
- Able to work with no supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with old and new Customers.
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 3 to 5 years in industry
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions, particularly when working under pressure
- Team player
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge or Internet Explorer, Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word software
Salary will be based on experience. Company will provide health insurance and simple IRA. Company will pay for relocation for the ideal candidate.
Please send your resume and salary requirement to email@example.com
Posted 3 years ago
Transportation and Storage,