Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open QA Engineer Jobs in Cambridge, MA
Quality Assurance Engineer - H1B's Accepted
About the Team
The Server Platforms team develops and supports communications and the data collection infrastructure for our distributed platform. This infrastructure is comprised of a kernel, an operating system, and a series of core components which serve as a baseline for the rest of the our networks. These systems distribute configuration data, control information, and customer traffic to our distributed servers. They also publish, aggregate, and deliver internal system and customer data for use by internal and customer-facing monitoring, alerting, and reporting applications. These systems are among the largest in the world, which brings unique engineering challenges for developing distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems.
* In-depth understanding of the SQA life-cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of automated and manual system level tests.
* Understand the developer's design spec and write unit tests against that spec.
* Perform code reviews on developers' designs.
* Design testing tools which includes developing scripts to enhance regression testing and feature testing.
* Perform and participate in all aspects of verification including requirements gathering, feature and functional testing, unit testing, regression, load and performance testing.
* Support and maintain the testnet infrastructure using either real hardware or virtual machines.
* Develop creative and thorough analyses to identify root causes of technical problems while developing resolutions.
* Design, develop, and deploy automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios.
* Qualify new hardware for both our Linux systems and Windows systems
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical area.
* 2+ years work experience developing scripts and test automation with Perl.
* Minimum 1 year of experience with C or C++.
* Minimum of 1 year experience developing test plans for both functional and performance testing.
* Minimum of 1 year experience using the Unix/Linux kernel.
* Minimum of 1 year experience using a Windows based system.
* Minimum of 1 year experience with routing protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
* Experience supporting testing activities for multiple applications/releases.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with testing large scale, distributed network systems.
* Experience with Cygwin.
* Experience with Windows environments.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with proxy servers, web servers, and caching technologies is a plus.
* Competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and getting to the root cause.
* Ability to review bug descriptions, functional requirements, design documents and code.
* Ability working closely with developers to design test criteria and develop test plans.
* Strong understanding of QA life cycle: requirements gathering, testing definition, QA methodologies, and test execution.
* Knowledge of both the Linux and Windows kernel and their testing.
* Experience with commonly available testing packages.
* Experience with the use of virtual machines in testing.
H1B is accepted if they have enough time left with their Visa to apply for their Green Card ( Permanent resident alien A Card.
About Global Talent Executives:
Global Talent Executives is comprised of individual recruiters who specialize in hundreds of industries, many of who came from the industries in which they now recruit. Our recruiters combine their in depth understanding of their industries; with the knowledge of who is who in almost any discipline in order to jump start the search for your firm's next impact player or an entire division
Posted 4 years ago
Browse QA Engineer jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts:
Backend QA Engineer
Large Hospitality Client in Boston, MA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter
QA Engineer / UAT - Investment / Trading (872017) NEW!
Starpoint Solutions in Boston, MA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Junior Software QA Engineer
LifeYield, LLC in Boston, MA
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter