This is an operations software developer position located in Old Greenwich, CT, and a unique opportunity to join a sophisticated quantitative trading firm. We are seeking professionals with strong technical background for this role. Successful candidates will be responsible for creating and maintaining software that will be used by the operations team.
We are looking for bright individuals who thrive to take leadership and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment. Candidate will need to possess excellent problem solving and analytical abilities, and a natural attention to details.
- Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, or accounting applications using Perl and SQL on Linux platforms
- Write requirements, develop/test code, and manage product deliverables to targeted release dates
- Adhere to the company’s software development methods and guidelines
- Interface with users for requirements gathering and execution
- Interface with operations support team for deployment and training
- Maintain internal documentation
- Provide support for applications
- Advanced knowledge of Perl development
- Strong experience in querying large databases using SQL language
- Experience in Linux shell commands
- Candidates with strong C++ knowledge may be considered if they demonstrate interest and ability in becoming proficient in Perl
- Ability to understand complex systems and be in command of the details to provide solutions
- Self-motivated and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills