Posted 2 years ago in Biotech/Pharmaceutical
Fortune 500 Company- Pristine Environment-Global presence
POSITION- Quality Control Chemist II
LOCATION- Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
QC Chemist II is responsible for performing analytical testing and data review activities on inactive and active ingredients, packaging components, and in-process, finished product and stability samples.
1. Perform analytical testing on inactive and active ingredients, packaging components, and in-process, finished product and stability samples to ensure product is safe, effective, and meets established quality standards. Train/mentor additional QC staff on analytical testing as needed.
2. Review or prepare documentation of all laboratory work (i.e., test results, investigations, instrumentation/equipment preventative maintenance and calibration) in accordance with cGMP, cGLP, or standard operating procedures (SOP), as appropriate. Ensure all laboratory work is conducted in compliance with applicable safety and environmental regulations.
3. Evaluate laboratory results critically by comparing to established specifications, acceptance criteria, and historical trends. Recognize and record unexpected laboratory developments.
4. Use a wide variety of sophisticated equipment with responsibility for operation, maintenance, and daily calibration check.
5. Assist with drafting and/or revising formal documents (i.e., test protocols, summary reports), SOPs, and procedural guidelines when provided with the appropriate format.
Individual is expected to perform their core job functions with only moderate supervision.
1. Chemist with a 4+ year degree in Chemistry or related field.
2. Knowledge and moderate use/application of basic scientific theory and principles. Able to apply basic understanding of scientific data/literature to conduct experiments. Able to present ideas for modifying existing procedures and suggestions for using alternative methods to improve results. Some experience with problem-solving and troubleshooting (i.e., OOS investigations)
3. Ability to pritoritize, plan, and schedule activities with multiple functional groups
4. Knowledge of commonly used laboratory instrumentation and software
5. Knowledge of cGMP/cGLP requirements and laboratory safety
6. Computer literacy
7. Lifts and carries laboratory solvents/supplies up to 10-20 pounds
8. Remains standing/on feet for extended durations throughout day
9. Exposure to chemicals, dust, fumes, odor, and hazardous lab waste
****Experience with parenteral products and proteins preferred
Fortune 500 growing company
Browse quality control chemist jobs in Research Triangle Park:
Eisai Corporation Of North America - Research Triangle Park, NC
Posted 2 months ago on iHire