“We are a Fast Growing GeoSpatial company that provides value to our clients and opportunity to our employees.”
GIS Surveyors Inc. (GSi) is a growing medium sized, Geospatial firm with offices in Poway and Yorba Linda California. We are seeking two experienced, licensed surveyors to oversee the daily operations of our Poway and Yorba Linda offices.
What separates GSi from other Geospatial firms…. is our ability to create and grow a firm focused on attracting and cultivating professionals with the expertise to seamlessly deliver innovative Geospatial solutions to our clients. We foster a culture where every single member is truly part of our team and has influence in the sound decision making process of the organization. If you’re looking for an exciting work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, professional growth and long-term career opportunities, then we may be a good match for you. Salary is negotiable, competitive and will not be a barrier to hiring the right person.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Survey Manager are supervising survey department operation, project management, scheduling, budgeting, quality management and safety. In addition, the Survey Manager will be directly involved in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and strategic business development.
· Manage and supervise various types of surveying related to infrastructure and land development projects with tasks including, but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographical Surveys, Right of Way Surveys, Terrestrial and Mobile Laser Scanning, Legal Descriptions, Horizontal and Vertical Control Networks, Aerial Mapping (fixed wing and drone), Construction Staking, As-built Surveys and Mapping, GIS services and other various mapping exhibits.
· Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client. Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements. Prepares and/or reviews proposals, budgets and invoices.
· Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general.
· Takes a leadership role in developing and executing field and office safety procedures.
· Participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company’s goals for sales, profitability, quality and safety.
· Supervises and provides QA/QC on all survey deliverable and calculations.
· Is actively involved in business development and expanding service opportunities in the area.
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10 years of field/office experience.
· Minimum of 5 years as a Survey Project Manager is preferred.
· Project experience in public utilities and Transportation industry related projects is preferred.
· Must be a California Professional Licensed Land Surveyor PLS.
· Must have extensive knowledge with Trimble field equipment and Trimble office software.
· 3D scanning experience desirable.
· Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
· Must have developed the following skills; leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
Benefits: GSi offers excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
· Company sponsored Medical, dental and vision coverage
· 401-K plan with employer matching
· Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
· Professional development reimbursement
· Performance and career development programs
Company address:12120 Tech Center Drive Suite D Poway, CA 92064