“We are a Fast Growing GeoSpatial company that provides value to our clients and opportunity to our employees.”
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The survey technician (chain-person) works directly with the Survey Party Chief on various tasks associated with the land surveying industry, including right of way surveys, boundary surveys, construction staking, aerial mapping, 3D laser scanning, utility surveys and associated tasks for a wide range of projects and municipalities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As this position is entry level, the primary duties are to assist the Party Chief in the field in completing the following tasks:
· Day to day field surveying operations.
· Accurate preparation & completion of daily field notes, sketches & time sheets
· Complete field surveys for boundaries, design plans, as-builts, and other survey exhibits as directed.
· Interpret and work from construction staking calculations.
· Evaluate engineering design plans for construction purposes, as-built data, and cut sheets.
· Organize and maintain field notes, reports, data, survey equipment and company vehicles.
· Complete miscellaneous survey spreadsheets and documents as directed.
· Bachelors in a surveying or Land Surveyor In Training (LSIT) is preferred.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and basic understanding of math.
· Minimal experience in the surveying/engineering industry is preferred.
· Must have a readiness and willingness to learn proper survey techniques.
· Must be physically fit for daily hikes through rough terrain and heavy vegetation.
· Personal transportation to job sites in Southern California is required.
· 40 hours per week plus overtime could be required.