Resident Camp CounselorWho We Are
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is committed to building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Our camps serve over 5,000 girls each summer with programs that challenge campers to live outdoors, try new things, and develop relationships. If you are looking for a summer job that makes a difference, this could be for you!
Camp staff will provide fun, positive and empowering experiences to campers; facilitate a girl-led camper program, work with all campers' ages 7-17 who attend GSGCNWI programs, and build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends and try new things. In this role you can expect to:
Qualifications and General Expectations
- Interact with, supervise and set the example for campers' ages 5 - 18
- Provide quality outdoor programs that may include arts and crags, nature study, theater, traditional and non-traditional sports, water activities and much, much more!
- Overseeing transitions to and from scheduled events, facilitating and participating in group activities
- Work with co-counselors and the camp team from all over the world!
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduation is required
- Staff should have prior experience with child care, education, and/or outdoor recreation
- Ideal candidates will be excellent multitaskers with high levels of energy, lots of patience and genuine passion for empowering young women.
Candidates should be willing to live and work in an indoor and outdoor camp setting, which includes working irregular hours with limited or simple equipment, rustic facilities, wildlife and insects; limited technology while at camp, and daily exposure to sun, rain, and other weather conditions.
Resident/Overnight Camps begin Sunday morning and go through Friday evening where staff stay on site throughout the program week. Staff may be asked to work with camper programs that occur over a weekend. Our camp season begins early in June with staff training and finises in early August with potential for opportunities to help in the fall.
Salary is a daily rate dependent on the candidate's position and experience.