At Gilbane we're building more than buildings, we're helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we've built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people's lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family - you will feel right at home at Gilbane.TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
Instructional Designer typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning and analysis of L&D content including conducting needs analysis and designing programs to overcome performance gaps in alignment with standards instructional design practices
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and implement training curriculum and courses using a variety of delivery methods including web-based, instructor-led, blended learning and computer based tutorials
- Create success measures and report on course/program business impact
- Design presentations that that effectively engage and communicate with all audiences.
- Recommend and advocate non-instructional solutions when appropriate
- Develop and create learning messages that accommodate learner needs and characteristics, content, and objectives.
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and their use in an instructional environment
- Plan and manage instructional design projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BS or MS degree in Instructional Design, Education, Management or Business
- 2+ years of experience in a training capacity involving curriculum design and training delivery
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interaction skills with clients and management
- Excellent writing skills, including business communications and client information
- Experience managing large training projects
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of simulations and authoring tools
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with web-conferencing technologies
- Business skills with a global mindset
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Disciplined work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
This opportunity could be located in other areas to include Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Sarasota, FL.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.