Web Designer, FT: Digital Marketing Firm: Irvine, OrangeCounty, OC, CA
---- READ THIS ENTIRE JOB POSTING BEFORE APPLYING ----
START HERE! (So you don’t waste your time, or ours):
Please look at our work first, and make sure that your abilities match, or exceed, our quality at http://www.gigasavvy.com/portfolio/. Some of our most recent work includes: http://www.joico.com/, http://www.gfore.com/, and http://www.nicklausacademies.com/.
Responsible for creating amazing designs with usability, U/I, marketing, and conversion in mind, as well as branding for multiple projects and clients. Loving what you do and putting out awesome designs that make other designers drool, and that make clients HAPPY, is a must.
The right candidate will be a talented web designer with a strong background in web design, usability, U/I design, logo design, and overall creativity that reflects a client’s marketing goals. The right candidate will have a bachelor's degree in graphic design, fine art or similar, and/or 2-3+ years of experience in web design. Most importantly, the candidate must be a self-starter, having an entrepreneurial mentality is a major plus, be able to grab the bull by the horns and make decisions that will result in the high level of design that we have become known for. The candidate should be confident in their ability to problem solve creatively, maintain high standards of design, maintain professionalism in client meetings, and have strong communication skills with the team and with our clients. The candidate must be able to use discretion and maintain a professional demeanor, as some of the clients will be high profile. The ability to dodge a Nerf dart recommended but not required. The candidate will be working with highly experienced industry veterans and this is an excellent opportunity for knowledge and experience growth. This is a full-time with benefits, non-management, in-office position with tons of room to move up within our growing company.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art or related, or equivalent technical training and skills required.
• Minimum 2 years experience working on creative digital marketing. Marketing agency experience (in digital media) a plus.
• Experience designing large-scale, engaging, or dynamic websites.
• Excellent understanding of User Experience and usability behaviors
• Active in educating self on web, design, and marketing trends.
• Possess high level of interest and passion for the web design and digital marketing industries.
• Exceptional communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
• Think creatively and "out of the box" to produce new ideas
• Strategize with team members to make for the best product
• Manage your time effectively and efficiently
• Must be able to come into work early and/or stay late if deadlines require it.
• Must be able to maintain a positive disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
• Independent thinker and task master. Willing to challenge traditional digital marketing and take risks. Innovative, creative, resourceful and accountable with an insistence on honesty, transparency and integrity in work ethic.
• Must be driven, understand business goals, and have the entrepreneurial spirit.
• Must be a self-starter. If you are the type that sits around waiting to be told what to do, our company isn’t for you.
• Must be able to hold your own in a company filled with Alpha Male Personalities (even the women have them!)
Some of the Perks:
Great salary (TBD based on experience) and bonus opportunities!
Secure working environment
Excellent benefits including health insurance, vacation, dental, and PTO
Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing firm and helping it grow
Working with a talented and dedicated group
Casual atmosphere with professional standards
Creative, modern and spacious work environment
We’re in the dead center of Orange County, and less than a mile from Irvine Spectrum
We have a lounge with Adirondack chairs, a flamingo, and lobster named ‘Pinchy’
We have company BBQ’s out back
We have a foosball table (with some pretty intense games on a daily basis)
Innovative, accountable, authentic, dedicated, and passionate… just a few words that clients and peers use to describe GigaSavvy, one of the nation’s most grounded, forward thinking digital marketing firms. Whether it’s a web design or development project, an SEO campaign, a Social Media project or managing a client’s Online Reputation, our in-house team assumes every project, every task and assignment as if it were their own.
A few of our clients are Knott's Berry Farm, Jack Nicklaus Golf Academy, VETIQ, Joico, G/Fore (Mossimo Giannulli), Macy's, Toshiba, and American Cancer Society.
We are a very fast paced company, which means you will need to be able to accomplish several tasks in a day and be able to jump from task to task seamlessly. We value hard work ethic, no whiners allowed. We produce some of the best work in the industry. If you have a passion for creating a first class product, please apply.
Please check out our social profiles to get a feel for who we are:
Irvine, CA (No tele-commuting)
How to apply:
When applying please include links to your portfolio (and please let us know what you were actually responsible for creating), cover letter, bio, and references. You MUST include salary expectations to be considered. Demonstrate to us that you’re a right fit to join our firm and to work with our team and our clients. If you’ve read everything here and understand what we’re looking for, please send your resumes, and additional information, to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the ZipRecruiter link), with only your first and last name in the Subject line Otherwise, if you didn’t read all of this posting, and you’re just bulk mailing resumes in desperation like an automated robot then please….
Send resumes to:
Innovative, accountable, authentic, dedicated, and passionate... just a few words that clients and peers use to describe GigaSavvy, one of the nation's most grounded, forward thinking digital marketing firms. Whether it's a web design or development project, an SEO campaign, a Social Media project or managing a client's Online Reputation, our in-house team assumes every project, every task and assignment as if it were their own.
A few of our clients are Knott's Berry Farm, Jack Nicklaus Golf Academy, VETIQ, Joico, G/Fore (Mossimo Giannulli), Toshiba, and Baldwin Hardware.
Some of our work: