Spanish Speaking Social Media Specialist - FT - Irvine, OC, CA
NO RECRUITERS!Job Description:
Responsible for defining and executing social media strategy for multiple clients, some which will be specific to the Latin American and US Hispanic markets. Duties may include cultivating new communities and managing branded online accounts and communities on the client's behalf using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media. The specialist will create and provide relevant content daily while tracking metrics and monitoring relevant conversations. The right candidate will have a bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or business administration, and/or 2-3+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field. Most importantly, the candidate must posses a solid understanding of the social media universe, including YouTube, Twitter, Flicker, StumbleUpon, Digg, Facebook, Instagram, forums, wikis, blogs and more. The specialist must be able to use discretion and maintain a professional demeanor, as some of the clients will be high profile. The specialist will be working with highly experienced industry veterans and this is an excellent opportunity for knowledge and experience growth. This is a full-time, non-management, in-office position with tons of room to move up within our growing company.Desired Skills & Experience
• Must speak/read/write Spanish natively.
• Must be familiar with cultural attributes and language variations specific to Central and South America/Latin America/LATAM.
• Must speak/read/write English natively.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical training and skills required.
• You’re a tech geek at heart and love the latest and greatest when it comes to computing.
• Minimum 2 years experience working on creative digital marketing campaigns for active social media clients. Marketing agency experience (in digital media) a plus.
• Active in educating self on web trends, blogs, as well as emerging social media platforms.
• Possess high level of interest and passion for Social Media industries.
• Currently has active Social Media accounts such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and should have his or her own blog already. Participates in social networks and online communities, has an understanding of social networking sites, and can translate that knowledge in to recommendations for the Company and clients.
• Must be proficient and comfortable writing and creating content for Company and clients on various topics.
• Some community management experience, not just a blog with comments, but forums, message boards or small social networks.
• Exceptional communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
• Must be able to consistently come into work early and/or stay late. Must be able to excel in working live events as needed. Travel is infrequent but maybe required for client events and/or industry conferences.
• Must be able to maintain a positive disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
• Independent thinker and task master. Willing to challenge traditional digital and social marketing and take risks. Innovative, creative, resourceful and accountable with an insistence on honesty, transparency and integrity in work ethic.
• Must be driven, understand business goals, and have the entrepreneurial spirit.
• Must be a self-starter. If you are the type that sits around waiting to be told what to do, our company isn’t for you.
• Must be able to hold your own in a company filled with Alpha Male Personalities (even the women have them!)Some of the Perks:
Great salary (TBD based on experience)
Secure working environment
Excellent benefits including health insurance, vacation, dental
Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing firm and helping it grow
Working with a talented and dedicated group
Casual atmosphere with professional standards
Creative, modern and spacious work environment
We’re in the dead center of Orange County, and minutes from Irvine Spectrum
We have a lounge with Adirondack chairs, a flamingo, and lobster named ‘Pinchy’
We have company BBQ’s out back
We have a foosball tableAbout GIGASAVVY:
Innovative, accountable, authentic, dedicated, and passionate... just a few words that clients and peers use to describe GigaSavvy, one of the nation's most grounded, forward thinking digital marketing firms. Whether it's a web design or development project, an SEO campaign, a Social Media project or managing a client's Online Reputation, our in-house team assumes every project, every task and assignment as if it were their own.
A few of our clients are Knott's Berry Farm, Jack Nicklaus Golf Academy, VETIQ, Joico, G/Fore (Mossimo Giannulli), Macy's, Toshiba, and American Cancer Society.
We are a very fast paced company, which means you will need to be able to accomplish several tasks in a day and be able to jump from task to task seamlessly. We value hard work ethic, no whiners allowed. We produce some of the best work in the industry. If you have a passion for creating a first class product, please apply.
Please check out our profiles to get a feel for who we are:
Irvine, CAHow to apply:
When applying please include your blogs and Social Media profile names/URLs, as well as any others you are responsible for, as we will be reviewing them as your portfolio. Including a cover letter, bio, references, and a writing sample are a plus. You MUST include salary expectations to be considered. Demonstrate to us that you’re a right fit to join our firm and to work with our team and our clients. If you’ve read everything here and understand what we’re looking for, please ONLY send your resume, and additional information, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with only your first and last name in the Subject line Otherwise, if you didn’t read all of this posting, and you’re just bulk mailing resumes in desperation like an automated robot then please….
Send resumes to: