Please read thoroughly before submitting resume: This is for a Senior PHP/MYSQL developer. Please submit salary requirements with your resume. This is an immediate opening for an in-house position.
Senior Web Developer
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented developer who has a solid understanding of web usability, coding standards, and the latest in development trends and techniques. Art/engineering degree preferred but not mandatory. You should be able to hand-code HTML and CSS, program in PHP and have a general knowledge of databases (.net experience a plus but not mandatory). We build most of our sites in wordpress, modx, and magento; you should at least be familiar with how to build custom sites in these platforms but intricate knowledge is not required. We're looking for someone who's confident in their ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions while at the same time following the standards of today's markup. Ability to dodge a well placed Nerf dart recommended but not required.
Attitude is paramount. Are you an optimistic go-getter? We're looking for a self-motivated individual who doesn't need their hand held. You will need to be able to take a list of tasks and schedule your time appropriately while being proactive in adding value to the company if you finish tasks early. You will be taking direction from a Creative Director and working alongside a team of talented designers and developers. If you have the personal motivation to learn and grow, we have the perfect environment for you.
We are a very fast paced company, which means you will need to be able to accomplish several tasks in a day and be able to jump from task to task seamlessly. We value hard work ethic, no whiners allowed. We produce some of the best work in the industry. If you have a passion for creating a first class product, please apply.
WHAT WE DO
* Website Design and Development
* Custom programming
* Branding and Collateral Design
* Social Media Strategy and Implementation
It is essential that you are a highly motivated self-starter and able to test in all browsers, write up-to-date code, and make sure all the functionality is in place and working properly.
* Think creatively and "out of the box" to produce new ideas
* Strategize with team members to make for the best product
* Create cross-browser compatible sites
* Take a site from design all the way to launch
* Manage your time effectively and efficiently
* Adhere to usability and user interface standards
* Proven track record for producing highly usable and innovative sites
* Bachelor's degree preferred with minimum 3 years experience in development/programming
* Experience with large-scale, engaging or dynamic websites
* Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
* Excellent understanding of User Experience and Usability Behaviors
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Manage multiple assigned project tasks in a strict deadline-driven environment
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
* Great salary and secure working environment
* Excellent benefits including paid health insurance, vacation, dental
* Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge agency and helping it grow
* Working with a talented and dedicated group
* Casual atmosphere with professional standards
* Creative, modern and spacious work environment
Innovative, accountable, authentic, dedicated... just a few words that clients and peers use to describe GigaSavvy, one of the nation's most grounded, forward thinking marketing firms. Whether it's a branding project, an SEO campaign, a Social Media project or managing a client's Online Reputation, our in-house team assumes every project, every task and assignment as if it were their own.
Located in Irvine, CA
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio to careers at gigasavvy dot com
RECRUITERS DO NOT CALL!
Innovative, accountable, authentic, dedicated, and passionate... just a few words that clients and peers use to describe GigaSavvy, one of the nation's most grounded, forward thinking digital marketing firms. Whether it's a web design or development project, an SEO campaign, a Social Media project or managing a client's Online Reputation, our in-house team assumes every project, every task and assignment as if it were their own.
A few of our clients are Knott's Berry Farm, Jack Nicklaus Golf Academy, VETIQ, Joico, G/Fore (Mossimo Giannulli), Toshiba, and Baldwin Hardware.
Some of our work: