Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Developer Jobs in Collierville, TN
Software Developer - TN #1612
Location: Collierville, TN
Bottom line, the qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field.
- 4 + years programming experience with a minimum of two years directly related to Oracle applications, development and implementation.
- 2 + years of experience with Oracle's development toolset, as well as UNIX/Linux operating system experience.
- Proficient in application tools including SQL, PL/SQL, JDeveloper, Java/JSP, forms, reports, BI/XML Publisher, Discoverer, and ADI.
SUMMARY: Performs technical and analytical duties relative to design, development, programming and installation of computer applications and software systems over a variety of platforms, including client/server and PC. Develops project time and cost estimates and has a thorough understanding of hardware, software and programming languages used in his/her environment. Lead the activities of assigned personnel in planning, design, development, programming, and installation of computer application software as appropriate. Must primarily perform work requiring advanced learning or work that is original and creative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receives requirement's document from users and/or Decision Support Analysts and communicates with user community and/or Decision Support Analysts to ensure solutions meet user requirements in a timely manner and adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Develops a system design document and applies generally accepted programming standards to ensure efficient programming logic and data manipulation.
- Writes code in accordance with the design document.
- Ensures code runs efficiently. Analyzes performance indicators to ensure system is operating efficiently and recommends improvements.
- Ensures projects meet appropriate time schedules and keeps users/management informed of status.
- Plans/executes software version upgrades and custom interfaces.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field and four plus years programming experience with a minimum of two years directly related to Oracle applications, development and implementation and two years experience with Oracle's development toolset, as well as UNIX/Linux operating system experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficient in application tools including SQL, PL/SQL, JDeveloper, Java/JSP,forms, reports, BI/XML Publisher, Discoverer, and ADI.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle Workflow.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Ability to work on ad-hoc end user support request.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with SDLC/project life cycles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
About Gibson Associates:
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Software Developer jobs in Collierville, Tennessee: