Position Title: Senior Network Engineer - PA #1757
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Company is seeking an Expert Telecommunications / Strong Network Design Engineer.
Bottom line requirements the qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Sciences and Technology or related.
- 10+ years of experience in the design, testing and commissioning, or maintenance of communication networks and systems.
- Experience with WLANs, RF Transmission, CCTV, Public Address audio, digital signage, and Telephones.
- Detailed knowledge of static routing, redundant routing protocols, access control lists, Layer-2 and 3 networks, spanning-tree, and linear network design.
- Certification with CCNA, CCNP or CCDP is preferred.
The Engineer will be challenged to design and implement networks for mobile platforms (vehicles on transit systems), the wireless networks, and backhaul fiber networks to link them all together. Troubleshooting complex interconnecting networks will frequently be required. Examples of low level switch design knowledge will be required. Examples of large scale network design, commissioning, and management will be required.
The position requires leadership capabilities. The candidate's duties will include the role as a Project Communication Lead. Ability to manage system design and lead teams through difficult timelines with unclear scope is required.
This position's work assignments are not strictly in network design. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in other communications disciplines such as RF transmission, VoIP telephone, Public Address audio, digital signage, and CCTV. Hardware design in these areas will occasionally be required.
This position requires a dynamic individual with proven skills in Network Design and interests in other aspects of Communication designs. Basic circuit and hardware design is also required. The Engineer will propose, design, test, and commission communication systems that include various technologies in the fields of Networking, WLANs, RF Transmission, CCTV, Public Address audio, digital signage, and Telephones. Background in all of these systems in not required, but is favored.
A detailed knowledge of static routing, redundant routing protocols, access control lists, Layer-2 and 3 networks, spanning-tree, and linear network design is required. A strong knowledge of fiber connectivity and testing is required. Certification with CCNA, CCNP or CCDP is preferred. Although Cisco brand products will be primarily utilized, knowledge in non-Cisco based technologies is also required (i.e. industrial Ethernet, ATM, SONET).
Travel to worldwide locations will be required on occasion with short notice.
- Relevant working experience in the design, testing and commissioning, or maintenance of communication networks and systems.
- 10+ years of work experience is required.
- Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies.
- Education required: Must hold a degree or diploma of post-secondary education in Electrical/Electronics, Information Systems/Telecommunications Engineering discipline.
- Number of years of experience required 10+ years Data Networking, Bachelors of Science in either Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Information Sciences and Technology.
- Technical skills/knowledge: Logical thinker, excellent oral and written communication skills.