Posted 1 year ago in Manufacturing/Operations
Position Title: Automation Technician - NC #1781
Location: Garner, NC
Worldwide manufacturing company with operations in North Carolina. The strength of the organization is a focus on continuous innovation and investments in both product and technological developments.
The Automation Technician applies strong proven practical experience with PLCs, servomotors, robotics and sensors to improve production processes by hands on electrical, mechanical and automation troubleshooting and making adjustments to process and/or machinery. Optimizes equipment/manufacturing processes to provide sustainable gains in product quality, process yield, and efficiency.
* Monitors and reacts in a timely manner to routine demand maintenance requirements
* Participates in routine Preventive/Predictable Maintenance
* Utilizes a variety of mechanical and electrical test equipment
* Utilizes machining, electrical and mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks
* Analyzes machine downtime and reacts accordingly to improve machine efficiency
* Provides accurate and immediate hands on troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment including after hours support
* Ensures equipment optimizations within the production process
* Performs other related duties as required
* Capable of working all hours/shifts as needed
Bottom line requirements:
1. Formal training and practical experience in an industrial setting as an Automation Technician.
2. Associates degree in applied technology in industrial/manufacturing or equivalent experience.
3. Technology and automation minded, with a thorough understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, AC motors, servo motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
4. Strong practical experience with troubleshooting and programming Siemens or Allen Bradley PLCs, automation, robotics, servo motors and sensors.
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Browse production technician electro mechanical jobs in Garner, North Carolina: