Position Title Plant Manager - Lumber - NE #1626
Location Western Nebraska
Bottom Line, the qualified candidate must have:
1. 4 year degree preferred.
2. Plant Manager level experience in the lumber industry or similar.
3. Supervisor of operations is also needed to assist the Plant Manager in overall effective operations of the Pole Plant.
Plant Manager and Supervisor are needed to manage, direct and coordinate operations of the plant to achieve production objectives in an efficient manner while maintaining a safe working environment
- Develop and foster a "safety first" culture. Establish expectations for a safe and clean working environment
- Manage production schedule to include shipping schedule/framing schedule/treating schedule
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings as necessary
- Oversee plant Quality control and Safety
- Develop and execute improvement initiatives for quality, cost savings, development of personnel, efficiency etc
- Develop and maintain well trained motivated staff at adequate levels to meet production needs. Ensure cross training is utilized to prepare for vacations, unexpected vacancies, promotability, etc
- Ensure all plant assets are properly managed and maintained
- Monitor expenses to keep costs within budget and initiate corrective action procedures to bring costs in line where necessary
- Ensure plant operations are consistent with established policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Review plant invoices, packing slips, etc for accuracy and approve for payment
- Monitor shipping department for accuracy and correct any issues as they arise.
- Coach and train yard supervisor to work within established parameters to meet and exceed manufacturing/shipping goals
- Consistently work with the office team to establish good & positive communication and ensure coordination of appropriate paperwork flow to keep inventories accurate, billing up to date, credits received etc.
- Good communication with the sales staff to ensure maximum capacity of the plant is being utilized and production is meeting customer specs and deadlines on a consistent basis. Ensure corrective action is being taken on all issues pertaining to quality and shipping.
About Gibson Associates:
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Posted 3 years ago