Position Title Director Aerodynamic Hydrodynamic Engineering - Vermont #1654
Bottom line, the qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Master's or Ph.D. preferred.
- 15 + years of direct industrial experience in aerodynamic/hydrodynamic performance of components, products, and systems.
- Strong management experience in aerodynamic / hydrodynamic design and engineering.
Directs and coordinates all aerodynamic/hydrodynamic research, design and development activities and components, products, and systems, personally or through subordinate senior staff members.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes, in collaboration with Sales & Marketing, cost-and schedule-competitive proposals.
- Plans, monitors, and takes necessary action for staff assignments, budget/expenses, and project progress for the Aerodynamic/Hydrodynamic department.
- Strives continuously for reducing design and test time without compromising work/product quality, in collaboration with his/her staff members.
- Ensures experience gained is applied to designs and tests within his/her organization.
- Participates in, and occasionally leads, advanced technology projects, in collaboration with the Director of Advanced Technology.
- Other duties as assigned.