Gentech is a unique staffing company located in Pittsburgh, PA. We set ourselves apart from other staffing companies by our expertise in service, local knowledge, experience and partnerships.
We are currently recruiting for an ETL Developer for our prestigious client in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. This positions responsibilities include:
- Translates data requirements into applications that employ appropriate data models and ETL solutions. Analyzes, defines, develops, and maintains complex database structures and ETL architectures and applications. Creates data flows and ETL models defining the data transformation needs of projects. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of ETL processes when accessing, integrating and delivering data between systems.
- Knowledgeable in Data Warehousing and Change Data Capture lifecycles and methodologies and participates in all phases of CDR development and maintenance. Performs modeling of data sources and flows and works with Data Services staff to identify, design and implement data warehouse objects – star schemas, multidimensional tables and BI Universes – using best practices. Designs and develops prototypes, data classifications and database tables and views to aggregate data as required for reporting optimization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Three or more years of experience in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, or Data Integration, including experience using relational, star-schema and multidimensional data models. Knowledge of current practices, theories and approaches to performance tuning and optimization, collection of metadata, table partitioning, materialized views and parallel processing. Proficiency in PL/SQL, SQL and UNIX scripting.
- Three or more years of experience as Database Administrator or ETL Architect/Designer, including experience installing and configuring database and ETL software. Advanced-level experience in designing, developing and maintaining data transfer maps and processes and database structures, including measure, dimension and hierarchy objects. Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and data to implement business/transformation rules, data profiling, data cleansing and reconciliation processes to ensure data quality.
- Prefer three years’ experience using Oracle Warehouse Builder in a bank or financial institution working with IT staff and business units to complete complex system design, development and implementation of ETL solutions.
- Knowledge of operating systems hardware and software, relational databases and software development tools including but not limited to Solaris, Windows, Oracle, SQL-Server, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Erwin, MS-Access and MS-Excel.
Annual Salary $85-90K
We look forward to receiving your resume.
Gentech is an IT Consulting and Placement firm in Pittsburgh, PA. We work hard to be your partner and we take on your career/hiring needs as our own. We strive to earn and maintain the trust of the people with whom we work. Gentech's benefits are second to none.