Del Rey Oaks; SalinasHours:
22.5 hrs/week.Job Description
The RESOURCE RECOVERY Specialist performs services to help ensure that regulated waste at client's facilities is properly handled, containerized, accumulated, packaged and disposed of. The Specialist performs a variety of operational tasks related to non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials management which include waste control, safety, waste reduction/material conservation, environmental protection and reporting.Responsibilities:
- Manage regulated waste in accordance with California and AT&T procedures - Transfer any non-compliant material to the appropriate receptacle
- Be knowledgeable of proper handling of regulated waste materials
- Maintain waste collection areas in accordance with California and AT&T procedures - Keep the waste receptacles secured to prevent unauthorized access
- Physically move material at work site to proper location. This may involve use of pallet jack, dollies
- Conduct inspections of waste receptacles and accumulation areas to ensure requirements are followed
- Order new accumulation containers as required.
- Initiate waste pickup request when receptacles are at capacity
- Maintain a Universal Waste Shipment Log for recording waste material transfers
- Report exceptions to Supervisor and Client management
- Good verbal and written communication skills - effectively communicate with Client personnel to accomplish tasks
- able to stand for extended period of time, ability to lift 25lbs +
- Dependable daily transportation - a valid driver’s license, insurance and personal vehicle is strongly preferred.
- Must be punctual, have perfect attendance, be dependable. Work shifts me be flexible based on business and client's need. Must be able to work WE, Holidays, and before/after hours.
- Must follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Responsible to adhere to all equipment safety requirements at all times
- Must provide and wear reinforced-toe shoes
- Must strictly follow all Methods and Procedures used in inspecting, identifying and correcting hazardous conditions associated with waste material.
- Must prepare clear, legible, accurate reports and forms
- Ensure all Genesis and client owned tools, material and equipment is securely stored.
- Required to use personal mobile device (GPS type) to record clock-in/clock-out events and mileage report. Will be asked to sign consent form
- Must pass company's strict background check.
- Accessibility during off duty hours by mobile device
- Advance notification of absence from work is required.
- Must adhere to all company's policies/procedures at all times
- Must be able to stoop/knee/crouch reach/stand/walk/sit for an extended length of time
- Visual acuity to operate equipment. Familiar with operation of pallet jack.
- Must have experience with regulated waste recovery.
- Protective gear & cell phone allowance may be provided by Company.
- Responsible for all issued equipment; effectiveness, cleanliness, daily inspection.
About Genesis-ATC: By being at the center of the product distribution domain, Genesis-ATC is an essential Original Equipment Manufacturer-to-consumer link providing critical Forward Logistics, post-manufacturing support, Reverse Logistics, Field Installation and Engineering services, and equipment sales. Our post-manufacturing support and field services range from goal-based application of Product Change Notices to inventory management to product repairs to remedies of broad product specification issues- all ensuring product integrity and a seamless supply chain.
Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Genesis-ATC is a nationwide business that employs over 500 professionals.