Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Executive Jobs in Stamford, CT
Gen Re, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies. It is represented in all major reinsurance markets through its global business network. Gen Re provides property and casualty reinsurance as well as life reinsurance. We are currently seeking to hire a Reinsurance Claim Executive who has significant experience in handling Property insurance claims. The job location is at our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT or at our New York City office.
The Reinsurance Claim Executive is expected to utilize his/her Property claims knowledge and experience to work with Gen Re’s clients in order to analyze covered losses and to calculate Gen Re’s share of projected loss amounts. The Claim Executive monitors Property claims, reviews legal and factual issues associated with such claims, and reports on the status of the claims. He/she is expected to identify and address insurance and reinsurance coverage issues, interface with clients with the goal of mitigating losses for mutual benefit, and provide training and advice to assigned client accounts on a wide variety of claims-related issues. The job function carries with it significant business support responsibilities.Position description:
- Client Accounts: The job entails protecting Gen Re's financial interests while simultaneously providing value-added feedback to clients on approaches for handling complicated, high value claims. The Reinsurance Claim Executive provides clients with analysis and advice on Casualty claims-related issues. He/she responds to a client’s initial and subsequent reinsurance reports and establishes claims files to monitor developments. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate both insurance and reinsurance coverage issues and provide relevant feedback. Projecting ultimate loss costs on a claim is a critical aspect of the job function. The Claim Executive is also be expected to provide advice to clients on case strategy, assignment of casualty loss experts, case reserves, property appraisal, litigation management, negotiation of settlements, and subrogation recoveries. Additionally, the Claim Executive will have responsibility for providing industry information and training.
- Client Teams: The Claim Executive establishes and maintains strong relationships with internal Gen Re business units as well as with our client companies. The successful Claim Executive is capable of providing information to Gen Re business teams regarding client claim-handling philosophies and approaches in dealing with trouble cases. The ability to work as part of a team to develop new client business opportunities is also of critical significance.
- Marketing Support: The Claim Executive actively supports our marketing efforts by participating in client and prospective client visits, conducting on-site claim reviews, delivering educational presentations to clients, and contributing to Gen Re publications on claim-related issues.
- Technical Support: The Claim Executive actively researches and creates reports utilizing current industry technology.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry handling significant Property claims
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to a successful completion.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and present at the senior management level.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel - 20% annually within the U.S.
- College degree; JD preferred.
- Legal status to work within the United States.
About General Reinsurance:
Gen Re, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies. It is represented in all major reinsurance markets through its global business network. Gen Re provides property and casualty reinsurance as well as life/health reinsurance.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Executive jobs in Stamford, Connecticut: