Join the leader in the power industry! We are seeking a Product Manager – Engine Powered Tools for our Residential Group. This position is responsible for ensuring that current and future products align with the needs of the marketplace; supports the company's strategic objectives, delivers competitive differentiation and maximizes the long-term revenue and growth plans of the company. The Product Manager develops strategies for a specific product category to ensure penetration and market share growth and conducts specific market research to understand trends and dynamics in order to uncover new product or sales opportunities.
*Relocation assistance available
- Develops product category strategy with input from Residential Group EVP & steering committee. Product category strategy includes specific, measureable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth.
- Prioritizes creation of strategies against business needs and market demand.
- Working with marketing team, gathers and maintains category foundational research. This includes industry- and consumer-focused research (e.g. industry outlet share, market share, retail sales by price tier, competitive product profiles, consumer “pain points” and usage/attitude research). Synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development.
- Drives innovation-based three year product roadmap in collaboration with residential Marketing. Innovation examples include: concepting ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, creating roadmap of new projects, facelifts to existing products, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, cost reduction projects, etc.)
- Interface with Engineering to understand critical I.P. (Intellectual Property) landscape such as new technologies, intellectual property updates.
- Understand product quality metrics and communicate any quality issues to sales leadership.
- Interface with Engineering to understand regulatory standards, legislation and update current product category strategy as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in product management.
Additional Skills Required:
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences.
- Ability to act proactively and identify innovative solutions.
- Solid understanding of the competition and competitive landscape.