Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open
The GDIT Corporate IT Services organization develops, delivers, and maintains the IT solutions that enable the success of the GDIT business. Within this organization, the IT PMO provides portfolio, program, and project management services across the GDIT CIO organization. This organization is seeking an experienced Project Manager.
Reporting within the IT PMO, the Project Manager holds the following responsibilities:
• Detailed Project planning, execution, and control for a single or multiple projects
• Work with stakeholders to build solid business cases and ensure project scope definition meets business objectives
• Identifying and managing to the critical path and milestones of a schedule
• Oversees the team as they plan, track and execute project plans from design handoff to transition to operations
• Develop and maintain project artifacts
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Perform quality assurance on project documentation
• Maintain and follow-up on action registers, risk and issues logs, change logs
• Adhere to PMO project management processes and procedures.
• Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
• Prepare and report project status on a regular basis, including metrics needed for various groups
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Contribute to best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the PMO organization
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. 5-8 years of related experience in a Project Manager or Business Analyst, successfully delivering various IT solutions in an enterprise setting (including supervisory experience)
2. Broad experience in project management, preferably in a PMO, including experience with budget management, resource management, demand planning and change management
3. Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentations
4. Desired Qualifications:
a. PMP Certification
b. ITIL Certification
c. Masters Degree
d. Agile Training/Knowledge/Certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posted date: 2 months ago
Browse Project Manager jobs in Fairfax VA USA: