Safely operates a Flatbed Truck or Tractor/Flatbed Trailer to deliver Company products to local construction sites.
• Safely operates Flatbed Truck or Tractor/Flatbed Trailer in compliance with Company policies and procedures, and in observance of local, state, and Federal laws regulating traffic and the operation of commercial vehicles.
• Thorough understanding of all FMCSA regulations and the Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) program including but not limited to:
o Fatigued Driving – Hours of Service (Log Book)
o Unsafe Driving
o Driver Fitness
o Cargo Securement
o Weight Requirements
o Vehicle Maintenance - Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs)
o Roadside Inspections
o Transporting Hazardous Material
• Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery of Company products.
• Inspects vehicle for road worthiness, reporting needs for maintenance and repair when needed.
• Ensures that Company products are properly loaded and secured before leaving the loading area.
• Determines safest, most efficient delivery route. Maintains contact with dispatcher to receive additional instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries.
• Evaluates delivery site, noting potential hazards, obstacles, physical challenges, etc. Determines best approach to safely and efficiently delivering/unloading the customer’s merchandise.
• Unloads or assists in unloading the truck upon arrival at the delivery site.
• May be required to operate a Forklift, Boom Crane, or Conveyor.
• Uses/wears appropriate safety equipment and observes safety policies and practices.
• Consistently treats customers, contractors and others in a courteous, considerate and cooperative manner.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities, as required.
• Read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
• 3+ years related experience driving large commercial trucks. Related military experience or graduation from a formal CDL Training facility may be considered in lieu of actual CDL experience.
• Forklift certification
• A high school diploma or its equivalent.
• A valid CDL and good driving/safety record.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with DOT requirements.
• Good knowledge of the local area.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical.
• Physically fit – must be able to stand, walk and lift up to 90 lbs.
• May be required to work outside during periods of extreme temperature (heat or cold).
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive and all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, requirements and skills required of employees that may be assigned to this job classification. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.