Garrison Hughes is looking for a full-time Communications Specialist I to work exclusively with our client at UPMC. As a Communications Specialist I, you will operate under the direction of a Director of Marketing and Communications and support the day-to-day marketing needs of various UPMC hospitals. Additionally, you will assist Communications Marketing Managers and Communications Specialists II in the planning, development, launch, and evaluation of promotional and marketing programs to increase patient volume and support UPMC’s business objectives.
As a Communications Specialist I, you will handle various projects to provide communications to internal and external audiences in support of the client’s mission. This includes managing marketing projects of varying levels of complexity and sophistication, including print, digital and social advertising. You will also serve as a liaison to staff of clinical and non-clinical programs. Other duties may be required as assigned. Some travel throughout the Pittsburgh area may be required for this position.
· Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
· Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a corporate communications position or related field such as marketing, journalism, communications, or health sciences.
· Excellent communication, writing, organization and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multitask.
· Can translate scientific/medical information to a lay person's understanding preferred.
· Research/interviewing experience preferred.
About Garrison Hughes:
You don't need a big agency to get big agency thinking. We are the most awarded creative team in the region because we focus on what is important to our clients: smart ideas that get results. Our unique advantages are our size and experience. We are not a traditional ad agency so there are no layers to go through and no big overhead costs to pay for. And we plug in nicely with internal marketing teams and suppliers. If you got any closer than that, you'd have to work here.