Garrison Hughes is looking for a full-time Brand Strategist to work in the USX location. This position works exclusively on UPMC as an extension of the Strategic Marketing and Intelligence team. As a Brand Strategist, you will have the opportunity to lead research projects, uncover insights, write research reports and author creative briefs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the market research expert on assigned initiatives and determining the best methodology to uncover necessary insights.
- Mining data from both quantitative and qualitative sources in order to write compelling, meaningful and inspiring reports.
- Analyzing primary research and extracting insights that help drive preference and usage for specific clinical lines.
- Crafting strategic decks, research reports and creative briefs.
- Providing insight, counsel and pertinent information to clinical lines, so that strategic decisions can be made regarding advertising and marketing efforts.
- Connecting disparate and related data points to arrive at insightful conclusions and points of view.
- Presenting research findings and insights to senior-level marketing and clinical professionals.
- Leading market research vendors to design and execute studies that range from awareness to ad testing to clinical preference.
- Managing the relationships between UPMC Strategic Marketing and Intelligence and multiple vendor/agency partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, communication, advertising, anthropology or similar discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in market research, brand strategy or marketing
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to craft relevant brand stories
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to analyze different data points, draw conclusions and glean insights
- Experience writing creative briefs, research reports or similar communications
- Ability to obtain consumer/customer insights and articulate them in inspiring, compelling ways
- Expertise in analyzing data sources, extracting key insights and crafting compelling stories
- Skilled at matching marketing problems with market research methodologies
- Vendor management experience, including scopes of work, contracts and day-to-day project work
- Advertising agency experience a plus
About Garrison Hughes:
You don't need a big agency to get big agency thinking. We are the most awarded creative team in the region because we focus on what is important to our clients: smart ideas that get results. Our unique advantages are our size and experience. We are not a traditional ad agency so there are no layers to go through and no big overhead costs to pay for. And we plug in nicely with internal marketing teams and suppliers. If you got any closer than that, you'd have to work here.