Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
Come on board with Garmin engineering. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to create high-quality, state-of-the-art products that give our consumers an unwavering level of confidence when using them.
Our product development team in Cary, North Carolina, is seeking a full time Senior Software Engineer focused on Bluetooth development. In this role, you'll develop embedded software in C, C++, or assembly language with a focus on using industry best practices for developing efficient, optimized code that makes best use of available resources. You’ll also perform new product software design and development as well as maintenance activities for products already in production and test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators, and/or logic analyzers.
This position will also allow you the opportunity to handle Bluetooth driver, stack, and profile development for new features, interoperability, and maintenance for Garmin Consumer products and additional device driver development and overall system performance optimizations. You’ll also participate in product definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs, review product information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy, and interact closely with hardware engineering.
A Bachelor of Science or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, or equivalent education/experience plus a minimum of 5 years related work experience developing embedded software/firmware is required for this role.
Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision and demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Other required qualifications include:
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
• Must possess relevant experience and/or training in a high level language such as C or C++ relevant to Garmin’s business needs
• Must possess relevant experience and/or training in data structures relevant to Garmin’s business needs
• Must possess relevant education and/or experience in software design, development and maintenance, as required for the successful performance of the essential functions of the position
• Experience with reviewing and using hardware and vendor product datasheets to correctly design software device drivers
Candidates with experience in any of the following areas are preferred:
• Previous experience developing software for consumer electronic products
• Bluetooth device driver, mid-level and application integration and/or work with other low-power RF protocols such as ANT or Zigbee.
• Other device drivers for hardware peripherals
• Communication protocols including but not limited to UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB.
Previous experience working in a team environment is also desirable.
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer company-paid dental insurance, stock options, a 401k plan, a pension plan….trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.
About Garmin International:
Garmin produces the worlds top-selling GPS navigation and wireless communication products for aviation, marine, automotive, fitness and outdoor recreation customers. To make the coolest products, we need the best and brightest on our team, whether it's at our Kansas City area World Headquarters or at one of our many locations around the globe. Garmin offers a highly competitive benefit package as well as relocation assistance.