Posted 5 months ago in Engineering
Under the general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, Team Leader or Division Head, the Project Manager/ME will have the overall responsibility for the project. Primary responsibility is the delivery of quality product and services to the client in a timely manner and to otherwise respond to the client's need.
The Project Engineer will take responsible charge for and perform responsibilities on assigned projects which shall include but not be limited to
1. Complete definition of project scope, requirements and schedule with the client and communicates scope and requirements to the project team.
2. Produces written specifications for project equipment and construction methods
3. Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
4. Prepare and implement a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects.
5. Responsible for the profitability of the project:
a. Involved in negotiating fees and contracts as may be appropriate.
b. Prepares man-hour budgets, communicates budget information to the project team, monitors profitability of the project, and takes such steps as may be necessary to improve profitability.
6. Identify, negotiate, and administer fees for legitimate additional services.
7. Schedule work, communicate schedule information to the project team, and monitor manpower requirements.
8. Facilitate communication between the client and the project team and documents important issues.
9. Ensure that client invoices are accurate, descriptive, well documented, and delivered in a timely manner.
10. Monitor accounts receivables and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
11. Manage the project during the design and construction phases, and coordinates activities of the project team and construction administration personnel; moreover, participates in the marketing and follow-up processes.
12. Participate in the planning and budgeting processes - including preparation of monthly billing as required by general management.
13. Supervise job closeout process: Documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
14. Participate in a formal training program.
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
Browse mechanical engineer jobs in Grand Rapids, Michigan:
West Michigan Technical - Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Garrett Engineering - Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
IRCO Automation Inc. - Grand Rapids, MI
Posted yesterday on TheJobNetwork