Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Fun and collaborative work environment with opportunity for growth.”
FrontStream is looking for an experienced PostgreSQL/SQL Server DBA with emphasis on PostgreSQL in our AWS based system to join our team in Reston, VA. This role will advise the Engineering and Infrastructure teams. As the DBA, you will work across multiple products supporting nonprofit organizations and our payment processing services. You will be challenged to architect and design the configuration and operation of SQL databases on all environments. You will also optimize product queries and reports with large datasets. This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact with our clients and our team.
This position is a key role in expanding and optimizing our AWS cloud infrastructure to serve our non-profit customers. You will work with both PostgreSQL and SQL Server databases supporting our products. You will have an opportunity to configure and monitor our databases, as well as, develop, enhance, and optimize stored procedures and reports for our customers.
What Can FrontStream Do For You:
· Provide experience working with large datasets using PostgreSQL and SQL Server in our AWS infrastructure.
· Provide technical expertise regarding data models, database design, and development.
· Provide experience working across the business to enhance and optimize products for non-profits and payment services.
· Work with a highly collaborative, distributed team that learns from and supports each other.
· Know that your time, talent, and energy are supporting customers that are doing good in the world.
How You Will Make An Impact For FrontStream:
· Monitor and optimize the performance of the databases.
· Partner with our engineering team to determine best data store for the project, Postgres, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.
· Develop, enhance, and optimize our stored procedures and ETL processes to perform efficiently.
· Participate across teams to review SQL code and provide performing tuning guidance.
· Assist our engineering and customer success teams with various imports, custom reports, and troubleshooting issues as needed.
What You Will Bring To The Team:
· A passion for learning and working with databases and large datasets.
· Experience with PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server in AWS RDS
· Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
· Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics, and isolation level.
· Relentless problem-solving attitude and skills to figure out issues.
· Some experience with high availability, log shipping, and read replicas.
· Some experience with NoSQL databases (Solr, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc)
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
The company is headquartered in Reston, VA. However, remote work is available for this position.
FrontStream is an equal opportunity employer. The successful applicant will have proven eligibility to work in United States.
FrontStream is the industry leading organization of SaaS fundraising solutions for nonprofits. We provide an integrated, enterprise-wide platform for non-profit fundraising, auctions, donor management, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and payment processing needs via our leading software products. Our team is collaborative, enthusiastic, and delivers on our promises
Over 10,000 nonprofit and corporate customers use our Intelligent Engagement Platform. We have been serving the nonprofit sector for more than a decade, and we love what we do!