Sorry, this job was closed 3 months ago. See all open Nutrition Coordinator Jobs in Sarasota, FL
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwest Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
· Assure smooth day to day operations of Nutrition Program.
· Assist in supervision and oversight of nutrition department volunteers.
· Receive food as delivered to the site and check temperatures and record as required.
· Ensures compliance of menus, food quality and portions and supplies and delivery times.
· Portion food as needed and place food in hot holding units, ovens, refrigerators or freezers as appropriate.
·May arrange for substitute service when necessary and record as appropriate.
· Record temperatures of refrigerator, freezer and calibrate thermometers and record as required.
· Responsible for the set-up, clean up and sanitation of the kitchen and dining areas.
· Responsible for inventory and order of catering supplies such as disposable plates, napkins, cups, etc. as needed.
· Ensures trash and containers such as cardboard boxes are removed.
· Ensure that supplies are properly stored and kitchen and storage area are secured at the end of the day. Ensures all equipment is turned off and/or disconnected.
· Assure compliance of the Nutrition Program with DOEA and County regulations and policies.
· May assist with entertainment, special programs, holiday parties, and similar activities for the benefit of the nutrition participants.
·May conduct meal site compliance check list, nutrition advisory meetings and client surveys.
·May be asked to assist with preparation for Area Agency on Aging and DOEA annul monitoring, and other site visits for grant purposes.
· May assist with the preparation of donations in accordance with fiscal department policy
· Attend meetings and trainings as required
· Report any incident of abuse or neglect as mandated by state guideline
· Participate in fundraising and SFC awareness building events
· Must comply with all Senior Friendship Centers Personnel Policies
· Must protect the safety and health of the staff and others. Must observe and follow the provisions of the Senior Friendship Centers, accident prevention, safety and reporting of injury, accident and incident policies as prescribed in the Employee Handbook and Department Safety Rules.
· Performs such other related duties as may be assigned or required.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Volunteers as needed.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
Education, experience and training: High School Diploma/GED or any equivalent combination of training and
Experience which provides requisite knowledge, ability and skills to perform the essential functions of the job. Supervisory experience is desirable. Ability to relate to and interact effectively with diners, staff and volunteers. Must have a car available for daily use. Must be friendly, flexible, able to handle challenges, and able to work with limited supervision. A valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance are required for business related travel.
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
· Interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills
· Technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation
· Project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Presentations, training and meeting facilitation with a professional image at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to move about the campus independently, bend, stoop, lift 40 lbs, and assist potentially frail seniors in wheelchairs or using assistive devices as they move through program areas. Prolonged sitting or standing in the conduct of daily activities may be necessary. Pre-employment physical, TB, substance abuse testing and Level II background screening is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work environment may vary between locations and include stairs, office space adaptation when traveling, and a moderate noise level.
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.
Company address: 1888 Brother Geenen Way, Sarasota, FL
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Nutrition Coordinator jobs in Sarasota, FL:
Concord Management in Sarasota, FL
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Concord Management in Bradenton, FL
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Bradenton, FL
Posted 1 month ago on the web