Last online 2 days ago
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwet Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
GENERAL SUMMARY: To monitor the health and well-being plus administer medications to participants in the Adult Day Services Program in our Venice and Sarasota locations. Provide personal care and assist with social, educational and recreational activities:
1. Monitor the health of Day Services participants. Respond to questions, complaints and symptoms. Respond to illnesses and/or emergencies and determine the need for care.
2. Follow Universal Precautions and Infection Control procedures.
3. Perform blood pressure checks and maintain all client records.
4. Administer and record daily medications as prescribed by a participant’s physician.
5. Order and maintain medical and first-aid suppliers.
6. May order meals, snacks and kitchen supplies. Assist with the serving of meals and refreshments.
7. Supervise and counsel clients with special nutritional requirements and work with the families, Case Managers when client’s condition changes.
8. Provide on-going training for staff on proper techniques for transfers and physical assistance.
9. Maintain and update staff reference list of participants that need help with walking and toileting including specific assistance instructions. Arrange for health/nutritional training for clients.
10. May escort visitors and prospective clients on tours
11. Ensure that participants’ special needs are met by staff, such as ambulation, hydration, dressing changes, toileting and personal hygiene. Provide personal care assistance whenever needed.
12. Participate in planning and implementing programs and activities that maximize skills and interests.
13. Attend meetings/trainings as required.
14. Maintain an annual CPR Certificate and current Florida Nursing license.
15. May maintain records for Adult Care Food Program
16. Must comply with all Friendship Centers Personnel Policies.
17. Must protect the safety and health of the staff and others. Must observe and follow the provision of Friendship Centers accident prevention, safety and reporting in injury, accident policies as prescribed in the Employee Handbook and Department Safety Rules.
18. Performs all other duties as may be assigned or required.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Guidance and direction are given orally and in writing by the ADS Director. Additional guidance provded by written policies and procedures and program regulations. Work is reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise caregivers and volunteers
Requires a current Florida Nursing license (minimum LPN), the ability to maintain accurate records and work with the elderly. Good computer skills including Word, Power Point and Data Entr. Ability to deal sensitively with adults who have special needs. Florida Department of Law Enforement background check is required for this position. Supervisory experience preferred.
Exceptional Knowledge, abilities and skills:
Interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills
Technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation
Project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
Verbal and written commuition skills
Presentations, training and meeting facilitation with a professional image at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of thos that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel. . The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and provide physical assistance to participants including transfers. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visition, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Pre-employment substance abuse test required. A pre-employment physical, including TB testing may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made the enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment may vary between locations and include stairs, office space adaption wen traveling and a moderate noise level.
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.