Sorry, this job was closed 11 days ago. See all open Medical Assistant Jobs in Sarasota, FL
Medical Assistant/Referal Coordinator
Compensation$31,000 to $36,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedDental, Vision, Life, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwet Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
POSITION : Full-time Medical Assistant for our Sarasota and Venice medical clinics. A minimum of two years experience in a public health clinic is required. A bilingual candidate is preferred.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Referral Coordinator is responsible for the tracking of patient referrals within the System. This system includes the Centers for Healthy Aging at the Venice and Sarasota location and continuity of care provided at the Center of Hope and Resurrection House. Coordination of care is also managed within the System of Care Collaboration at CMC and DOH-S sites. This position has dual reporting to The Centers for Healthy Aging at the Venice (primary site) and Sarasota clinic operations.
• Determine eligibility for services within System of Care and refer appropriately following poverty guidelines.
• Coordinate referrals within the SFC’s Centers for Healthy Aging system for specialty care (Sarasota & Venice).
• Contacts specialist offices to ensure receipt of referrals with high priority (SMH/Breast Health & CMC).
• Maintains ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to ensure patient safety.
• Ensures complete referral information, including patient demographics and current insurance information is accompanied by the referral to ensure client is referred in network per third party insurance guidelines.
• Contacts insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met.
• Provides appropriate clinical information to the specialist including patient’s clinical background if applicable and all information concerning the patient’s care to the referring site in a timely manner.
• Reviews details and expectations about the referral/specialist with patients.
• Reminds patients of scheduled appointments via mail and/or phone that require attention or follow-up.
• Complies with all Friendship Centers’ mandated in-service training workshops and staff meetings.
• Organize and maintain a list of community resources for clinic clients when appropriate.
• Assist in chart audits to create efficiency in the clinic work flow, including refills, diagnostic tests, etc.
• Coordinate scheduling of patients to clinic programs including Diabetes Initiative, Smoking cessation, etc.
• Coordinate clients that are deemed eligible to the Prescription Assistance Program (PAP).
• Track and record all incoming and outgoing prescriptions from the PAP program recipients.
• Interviewing patients, obtaining vital signs, and assisting physicians with patient exams and/or treatment when requested.
• Perform triage with patient phone calls to identify emergent and non-emergent situations.
• Manage patient flow to ensure proper scheduling and treatment.
• Clean and maintain rooms after patient exams including wiping exam tables, scrubbing chairs, and wiping counters and refilling supplies.
• Scan and import all patient documents including medical records, notes, referrals, labs, etc.
• Fax or communicate with referring physicians and labs to ensure timely scheduling.
• Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
• Exercises clinical duties as defined by the employee’s scope of practice (i.e., MA, RMA, LPN, RN)
• Interacts with clinical and non-clinical staff members regarding issues regarding medical records.
• Resolve all voicemail's and messages before leaving clinic at the end of each day.
• Assists in financial desk/check out or check-in/registration duties.
• Completes daily logs and deposit slips at the close of each business day.
• Informs the clinic coordinator and director abreast of any issues or changes in referral sources, partners.
• Informs supervisor of any waiting lists, needed services, etc., to ensure patient safety and care are addressed.
• Request the assistant, guidance or input from a team member regarding matters outside of their scope.
• Recommend processes that ensure the best patient care for our clients for implementation in a workflow.
• Assist in data entry of clinic visits into SAMS, client database management system which tracks visits/units.
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate detail oriented product work.
• File all charts and documentation as needed.
• Maintains a good working professional relationship within the department and organization wide.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills including composure, diplomacy, and the ability to interact with a diverse patient population.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with counterparts at the specialty provider’s offices.
• Must comply with all Senior Friendship Centers, Inc. Personnel Policies.
• Must protect the safety and health of the staff and others.
• Must observe and follow the Senior Friendship Centers, Inc.’s accident prevention, safety and reporting of injury, accident and incident policies as prescribed in the Employee Handbook and Department Safety Rules.
• Maintain patient confidentiality follows all HIPAA guidelines for all clients served.
• Must present themselves in a professional manner of dress and behavior.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Staff & Volunteers
• Indirect supervision of volunteers.
Medical Assistant with a clear and active license, minimum of two years experience in a public health clinic setting. Level 2 background screening and substance abuse screening required prior to start date. Florida Driver’s License and proof of Insurance for business related travel. Medical experience and training is preferred. Ability to express oneself effectively with diverse populations in writing and verbally (whether in person or on the phone) and experience in positions with the elderly encouraged. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products required. Proficient use of electronic medical records.
Physical requirements: Ability to move about the campus independently, bend, stoop, lift 20 lbs. and assist potentially frail seniors in wheelchairs or using other assistive devices as they move through the program areas. Prolonged sitting or standing in the conduct of daily activities may be necessary.
About Friendship Centers, Inc.:
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Medical Assistant jobs in Sarasota, FL:
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - F/T, EXPERIENCED
SARASOTA NEUROLOGY in Sarasota, FL
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Milam Bogart Dermatology in Sarasota, FL
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Medical Assistant to work as Rehab Assistant
PMG in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter