Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Kitchen Aide Jobs in Fort Myers, FL
Kitchen Aide Supervisor/Nutrition Coordinator
Why Work Here?
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwet Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To manage or assist in the management and operation of a dining site for elderly clients and participants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: May perform one or more of the following essential functions:
1. Oversees the work of Kitchen Aides and volunteers as assigned. Refers serious of unusual problems or questions to supervisor for assistance.
2. Recruit and coordinate volunteers to work in all areas of SFC dining sites.
3. Oversees and reconciles the accurate ordering and serving of meals, takes reservations and cancellations.
4. Conducts client assessments as required. Submits necessary paperwork to Department Manager.
5. Receives food as delivered to the site, checks temperatures of food to assure that it is suitable for serving; arranges for substitute service when necessary.
6. Plans, schedules and oversees the work of kitchen aides and volunteer staff in the serving of meals and in maintaining the cleanliness of the dining site; arranges for the proper closing and securing of the site.
7. Collects and arranges for the delivery of donations to SFC designated destinations.
8. Assists in getting diners to mingle, converse and otherwise socialize as appropriate.
9. Arranges for music, entertainment, special programs, Holidays Parties, special events, birthday recognition and similar activities as appropriate. Arranges for purchase of materials and decorating sites.
10. Sets up tables and chairs and assists in the preparation of the site for dining; greet diners as they arrive and provide assistance as required.
11. Must comply with all Senior Friendship Centers Personnel Policies.
12. Must protect the safety and health of the staff and others. Must observe and follow the provision of Senior Friendship Centers’ accident prevention, safety and reporting of injury, accident and incident policies as prescribed in the Employee Handbook and Department Safety Rules.
13. Performs all other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned and required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives direction and guidance from the Nutrition Services Manager.
Work is reviewed in terms of care exercised and conformance to safety and scheduling requirements.
About Friendship Centers, Inc.:
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Kitchen Aide jobs in Fort Myers, FL: