Sorry, this job was closed 20 days ago. See all open Human Resources Manager Jobs in Sarasota, FL
Human Resources Manager
Compensation$40,000 to $50,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedMedical, Vision, Life, Dental
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A human resources (HR) manager at Friendship Centers oversees policies, procedures and compliance relating to employees. The Manager will ensure that all human resources activities are in compliance with local, state and federal laws, as well as implement and oversee programs related to employee benefits and initiatives. Insurance programs, flexible work arrangement programs, workers’ compensation, open enrollment programs, and PTO benefits.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
2. Ensure compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, EEOC/Civil Rights, Workers Compensation, OSHA and OSHA Reporting, I-9’s, ADA, ACA, COBRA, Fair Credit Reporting Act for background checks and any other State, Federal or Local compliance issues.
3. Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, EEO 1 and absenteeism rates.
RECRUITING AND HIRING
1. Responsible for creation and administration of all Job Descriptions.
2. Oversee management hiring practices, including but not limited to, job advertisements.
3. Overseeing the interview process, review of employment applications policies and procedure for background checks and drug screening; prepare job offer letters and background checks. Policies and procedures related to drug testing, use of arrest and conviction records, and other candidate-information requests to comply with applicable federal and state law.
4. Evaluate all recruitment and hiring strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state nondiscrimination laws including job offer letters.
5. Review orientation/onboarding program for welcoming new employees and familiarizing them with the FC’s basic management practices.
1. Ensure that employees are properly classified as exempt or non-exempt based on their specific job duties and compensation.
2. (Review all pay practices, including minimum wage and overtime compensation, for compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and any state laws that are more favorable to employees.
3. Ensure employee pay periods are scheduled in accordance with state wage payment timing requirements.
4. Ensure that pay and incentive programs treat employees equitably, and decisions regarding promotions and merit raises are based on clear, objective criteria.
5. Review all Independent contractor relationships carefully to prevent misclassification.
6. Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
1. Ensure that all employee benefit plans (medical, dental. Vision, life, STD, LTD and retirement comply with all requirements under federal and state law, including new Health Care Reform notices and other requirements for group health plans.
2. Review all plan documents, including enrollment forms and employee communications, to ensure they are accurate, consistent, and in compliance with applicable law.
3. Ensure that all Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) and other benefit plan notices are distributed to employees as required under federal and state law.
4. Ensure that all reporting and filing requirements related to medical, retirement and other benefits are satisfied.
5. Provide Employees with required notices regarding continuation of health coverage under COBRA.
6. Review policies and procedures relating to PTO, holiday and/or sick leave (including compliance with FMLA or similar state laws that may apply to FC on a regular basis, along with other benefits.
7. Ensure that Information regarding benefits is clearly communicated to employees and policies/procedures are applied fairly and consistently.
Policies and procedures
1. Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Employee Handbook.
2. Ensure that all FC policies and procedures comply with federal and state labor laws related to employee leave, equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, worker safety and other requirements.
3. Ensure that every employee is provided with an employee handbook explaining FC’s policies and procedures related to standards of conduct, nondiscrimination, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
4. Provide Labor law posters required to be displayed under federal and state law are posted where employees can easily see them.
5. Ensure that procedures are in place for maintaining employee records and files as required by law, including what information should be collected, confidentiality, and how long to keep records.
6. Ensure that medical records and other confidential documents are kept in a separate file from the employee's personnel file.
7. Advise and educate managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment
opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
8. Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel
problems, and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
PERFORMANCE REVIEWS/CATALYTIC COACHING
1. Ensure that Catalytic Coaching reviews are conducted for all employees on a regular basis.
2. Job expectations and responsibilities must be clearly communicated to employees, including the conduct and results required.
3. Ensure that accurate documentation regarding performance is kept for each employee and documentation is direct, factual, and detail-oriented to support disciplinary or other personnel decisions.
4. Set up criteria and train management to conduct successful coaching sessions.
EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE AND LEGAL MATTERS
1. Ensure that all policies and procedures for handling employee disciplinary actions and investigations are clearly defined, written, and communicated to employees as appropriate.
2. Maintain matters involving employee discipline warnings, investigations, and terminations ensuring they are carefully and accurately documented
3. Termination meetings are conducted to inform the employee of the termination, discuss the return of company property, and facilitate the employee's departure.
4. Ensure that policies are in place for collecting keys and other FC property from the terminated employee and confirming that access to computer systems, email, and voicemail are deactivated.
5. Ensure that final paychecks are delivered at the time of termination or as otherwise required by FC procedure and/or state law.
6. Review all discipline, investigation, and termination procedures for compliance with applicable federal and state laws and enforce them fairly and consistently.
7. Aid HR Consultant in representing organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
8. Keep accurate records of discussions and investigative interviews with all parties who may be involved.
9. Act as Liaison to Labor Counsel.
10. Ensure that all decisions about employee relations/discipline are properly vetted with management.
11. Act as investigator for all EEOC, Work Comp or other areas of liability.
WORKERS COMPENSATION AND SAFETY
1. Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
2. Act as a Work Comp case manager for the protection of the employees and FC.
3. Be the liaison between the employee, the medical provider, the Adjuster and management.
4. Ensure that the established protocol is being followed as per the Workers’ Compensation Injury Control Manual.
5. Ensure that First Reports of Injury are filed with the carrier within 24 hours of notification of the injury.
6. Attend all Work Comp mediations.
7. Act as Liaison to FC’s Risk manager.
8. Promote Safety to all employees.
9. Ensure that Risk Manger is requiring employees to use the proper personal protective equipment.
1. Oversee the BLR (training today program, BLR program.
2. Ensure that employees receive proper training in the following areas:
a. Anti- Discrimination/Harassment
c. Workers compensation
d. Disciplinary Policies and Procedures’
e. Leadership Skills
f. Catalytic Coaching
h. Any other requested subject that is germane to FC employees.
About Friendship Centers, Inc.:
Non-profit elder service agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining and Social Services.
Posted date: 20 days ago
Browse Human Resources Manager jobs in Sarasota, Florida:
Human Resources Manager NEW!
Titan Human Resources & Strategic Solutions, LLC in Nokomis, FL
Posted 23 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Franchised Human Resources Director
Marriott International in Sarasota, FL
Posted 9 days ago on StartWire
Human Resources Director
Shaner in Sarasota, FL
Posted 13 days ago on HCareers