Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open Development Officer Jobs in Sarasota, FL
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwest Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
Our Mission: To promote health, dignity and quality of life throughout the journey of aging.
Purpose: To serve as the lead strategist for fund advancement through the development and execution of a comprehensive plan, supported by strategic marketing, to ensure organizational stability over long-term change and development.
Summary: Initiate goal setting and develop actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding goals through grants, sponsorships, gifts, donations, and fundraising events; lead and provide training for donor cultivation and stewardship. Assure development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition. Maintain accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources. Collaborate with the Board of Governors and ensure approved recommendations and activities are supported and executed to completion. Grow the base of philanthropic support, increase community engagement, and expand public awareness of Friendship Centers.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. With President & CEO, Board and staff, participate in charting the organization’s course in fund development; foster a culture of philanthropy within the entire organization
2. Develop and execute annual fund development plan including goals, objectives, activities, quantifiable outcomes and timelines to achieve budgeted goals
3. Develop the organization’s Development budget, with department staff and the Executive Team. Monitoring monthly team performance; maintain ongoing forecast for year-end projections.
4. Manage the day-to-day operations of the development function
5. Work with Planned Giving Officer to expand and enhance Legacy Society and member experience
6. Serve as the liaison with the Board Fund Development Committee. Get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and fundraising volunteer
7. Solicit and secure financial support from individuals, foundation and corporations; oversee and assure accurate gift tracking and acknowledgement
8. Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
9. Create strategy to manage donor-acquisition, fundraisers, appreciation events, and other development-related programs including bi-annual appeal mailings and online giving campaigns
10. Develop and maintain ongoing appropriate relationships with major donors, prospects, fundraising volunteers, Board members, and community stakeholders.
11. Conduct research and participate in proposals/applications for potential grants.
1. Develop effective public relations and marketing campaign to increase visibility and awareness
2. Create reports for President & CEO, Board and community to communicate the success and milestones of the organization
3. Oversee management of all communications platforms including, but not limited to: website, print collateral, publications, social media, and media relations
4. Oversee the collaborative development and ongoing coordination of marketing and communications plans
5. Develop organizational talking points and messaging with executive management and communications support.
6. Serve as the community spokesperson and contact with the media as needed
7. Work with staff on PR, promotional activities and materials to promote major events
8. Work with graphic designers and printers when required
Community Relations & Outreach
1. Oversee Community Outreach Plan in collaboration with the Director of Community Outreach including goals, objectives, activities, quantifiable outcomes and timelines to achieve budget goals
2. Conduct campus tours to visitors, elected officials and others as needed
3. Develop relationships with key stakeholders to further the Mission
4. Represent the Friendship Centers in community forums and meetings
Staff & Volunteer Management
1. Structure development team to best approach a variety of financial development goals
2. Establish accountability for development/marketing staff, with regular performance evaluation
3. Assure stability by creating a working environment that is rewarding to staff and volunteers
4. Helps identify, cultivate, recruit and develop fundraising volunteers and leadership; provide training, placement, coordination and supervision of fundraising volunteers
5. With committee chairs, develop agendas to ensure productive and effective meetings
6. Assure regular communication and event status updates for event committee members
7. Assure all volunteers are registered with Volunteer Services
1. Develop annual development calendar to cover all crucial development issues in a timely fashion
2. Submit timely reports and outcome summaries for all fundraising efforts
3. Maintain grant compliance, to assure application and reporting deadlines are met
4. Maintain budget for events, tracking expenses, revenue, etc.
5. Oversee all correspondence associated with major events
6. Assure all monies are handled/deposited in accordance with FC fiscal requirements
7. Attend Board Meetings and provide reports when requested
1. Must comply with all Senior Friendship Centers, Inc. Personnel Policies
2. Must protect the safety and health of the staff and others. Must observe and follow the provision of the Senior Friendship Centers, Inc. accident prevention, safety and reporting of injury, accident and incident policies as prescribed in the Employee Handbook and Department Safety Rules
3. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned or required
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Chief Development Officer functions within FC policies and procedures and is supervised by the President & CEO. This position is a member of the Executive Team.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Charitable Giving Officer, Creative Services & Web Coordinator, Database Coordinator, Director of Community Outreach, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Coordinator, Director of Development & Marketing-Collier County.
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
· Financially literate to read and interpret budget and financial reports
· Verbal and written communications and public speaking skills
· Technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation against goals, communicated through systematic and timely reporting process
· Time management and ability to motivate a team to action and keep order amongst competing interests
· Ability to engage people in process, encourage and promote participatory decision making
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with wide variety of donors, funders, staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups and related parties
· Ability to perform and a high level in a fast-paced team environment, while handling/ managing multiple projects to meet timelines and deadlines
· Professional image at all times
· Produce high quality presentations, training, and meeting facilitation
· Education, experience and training: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Development or related business field. A minimum of five (5) years direct fundraising experience. A minimum of five (5) years of management experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment. Remote management experience a plus. Extensive knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for nonprofit agencies. Knowledge of accessing and managing donor database systems. Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, Constant Contact and donor data applications, accompanied with a working knowledge of general office and video equipment. Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level II background check is required for this position. Use of personal automobile for business purposes, valid Florida Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance are required
Physical requirements: Requires considerable walking and standing during event planning and execution. Travel is required between campuses. Must be able to work nights and weekends for fundraising events, often requiring longer hours to meet fundraising deadlines. This position requires a high level of interpersonal skills and diplomatic flexibility as it interfaces with donors, board, staff, volunteers and community leaders. A pre-employment physical, including substance abuse and TB testing, are also required.
EOE/Drug free/Smoke free workplace
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment will vary between locations and include stairs, office space adaptation when traveling, and a moderate noise level.
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.
Company address: 1888 Brother Geenen Way, Sarasota, FL
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Development Officer jobs in Sarasota FL USA:
Entech in Bradenton, FL
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Private Company in Sarasota, FL
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Trinity Technology Group in Sarasota, FL
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter