Sorry, this job was closed 6 months ago. See all open Financial Analyst Jobs in Venice, FL
“Every day we change people's lives. For thousands of older adults throughout Southwest Florida, we are a lifeline for vital services.”
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To be responsible for the following duties in connection with the tracking, reporting and financial analysis of Federal grants and various other grant programs as assigned.
1. Oversee assignment of expense codes for grant programs to ensure expense allocations are in accordance with approved grant budget amounts.
2. Assign revenue codes for all payments received from grantors.
3. Track all expenses and revenues in grant programs.
4. Prepare all invoicing and back-up documentation for grant billing.
5. Prepare and analyze management reports on a monthly basis noting trends and deviations from budget, noting recommendations for improvements.
6. Working with CFO, Controller, data-entry and program staff to track and manage units of service delivered; and in reconciling units of service delivered to general ledger expenses and revenues.
7. Assist in preparation of all grant program budgets and Requests for Proposals during grant bidding periods.
8. Perform general ledger account analyses where necessary and make correct entries.
9. Perform monthly bank reconciliations and prepare general ledger entries as necessary.
10. Perform monthly investment account reconciliations and prepare investment reports.
11. Prepares routine monthly general ledger entries such as prepaid expenses, revenue accruals, indirect allocations and in-kind entries.
12. Assist with internal and external audit preparation and schedules.
13. Must comply with all Friendship Centers, Inc. Personnel Policies.
14. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned or required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Routine tasks are performed largely on the basis of own judgment and initiative in accordance with established routines, procedures and schedules. Larger and non-routine tasks performed with direction and guidance from the Controller.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Education, experience and training: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, plus two years of experience in working with automated accounting software in financial statement preparation and analysis, or the combined equivalent in related education, training, and experience. Knowledge of computer spreadsheet software and proficiency in the use of calculators and related office equipment. Valid Florida Drivers’ license and proof of automobile insurance are required for business related travel.
Physical Requirements: Computer data entry ability. Ability to work under varying and short deadlines. Pre-employment substance abuse and Level II testing required.
Non-profit elder services agency with locations in SW FL. Adult Day Services, Caregiver Resources Centers, Health Services including Medical and Dental, Congregate Dining, Enrighment Classes, Activity Center and Social Services. For locaations and services go to our website: www.friendshipcenters.org.
Posted date: 6 months ago
Browse Financial Analyst jobs in Venice, FL: