FreeCause is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. We specialize in building innovative software that enables major brands, loyalty programs, sports teams, and nonprofits to monetize and reward consumers for their online behavior. Check us out at http://www.freecause.com/.
We’re constantly developing revolutionary new technology that allows consumers to connect with their favorite brands while simultaneously giving these consumers an enriched web experience. Consumers are rewarded as they search the internet, or when they shop through our network of over 3,500 online retailers.
Our business is growing explosively, and as a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
Our Senior Software QA Engineer will help us deliver quality software through the generation of test suites for functional, integration, and regression testing of key product components. This role will interact closely with development leads and product owners to understand requirements and system design and develop efficient, repeatable testing methodologies.
FreeCause is a fast-paced, fun, emerging venture where everyone works in a hands-on and technically savvy Agile environment. Therefore, the Sr. Software Quality Engineer must have a strong technical foundation including: HTML, PHP, FLASH, JAVA, XML, Perl, Java Script, VBScript or other 3GL/4GL. Also, experience in testing web based Client/Server environments, and database skills.
- Plan and execute white box, gray box and black box testing for manual and/or automated tests as needed.
- Write test plans and test cases based on requirements and technical specifications
- Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify bug fixes
- Analyze test results to verify functionality and recommend corrective action in the case of failure
- Design and execute performance tests including benchmarking, stress and load
- Work closely with developers, Support, and Program Managers on defect resolution.
- Fully competent in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Build and maintains testing tools.
- Must have a good working knowledge and experience with Automation Functional and Load Testing tools. (Selenium, etc)
- Proficient in Java, C++, and one or more scripting languages (perl, python, etc)
- Minimum two years of experience testing software, (Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with browser components and add-on’s / web server environment
- Experience logging/resolving defect issues using a tracking system
- Experience writing automation tool code.
- Ability to write clear and concise test cases
- Superior written and oral English communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical, methodical, a systematic thinker, tactful and diplomatic
- Experience Running Stress/Load Tests