The Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow (FIT) is looking to hire a Curriculum Developer/Teacher, to create coursework related to enhancing Nevada’s workforce. FIT is currently looking for expertise in developing curriculum pertaining to Advanced Computer Courses, Customer Service, Job Readiness, and “Specialized Trainings” as workforce changes may arise. In short, FIT is looking for someone who is knowledgeable in a multitude of areas and has the ability to think critically about how to teach and develop curriculum in any one given area pertaining to workforce development.
- Analyze and inventory existing training materials and curriculum
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instructor led coursework pertaining to workforce development
- Responsible for updating and maintaining developed curriculum
- Responsible for preparing training guides and supplementary materials, including teaching guides
- Responsible for the overall content quality of courses developed and conduct regular meetings with Instructors
- Research any pertinent information related to the assigned scope of work
- Responsible for training current instructors on how to effectively deliver newly developed material
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Education, Human Service, Social Work, Public or Business Administration
- Two (2) years instructional design and classroom instruction, to include at least one (1) year of instructional design utilizing blended learning formats for a diverse audience
- Demonstrated instructional design and curriculum development experience and/or formal training in curriculum development
- Clear and concise writing skills, with the ability to develop materials that present ideas in a clear and concise manner, at a level appropriate for the target audience
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and multitasking skills. The ability to effectively prioritize is a must.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively, being a strong team player is a must
About Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow: