Are you currently HR Generalist who wants to take the next step to HR Manager? DO you like being hands-on, and in the center of everything? Do you like pitching in other departments as a team player?
Join a fortune 500 Company as their Human Resource Manager for a leading Mechanical Electrical Contractor in the Tempe area. If you have worked in the Construction industry as an HR Generalist or HR Manager and enjoy a hands on approach, please read on...
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Source and identify qualified job applicants for open positions. Ensure they are fully qualified before being presented to the hiring manager.
- Organize and attend job fairs as required to build Candidate Pipeline
- Conduct employment reference checks.
- Maintain a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; coach managers on candidate selection.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of available benefits, hold open enrollment meetings, monitor the processing of benefit claims; design and conduct educational programs on current benefit programs with third party vendors.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state employment requirements.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending employment policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records by utilizing an efficient filing and retrieval system; keep past and current records for appropriate periods in accordance with federal and state legal requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide leadership guidance and expertise to management staff in employment matters.
- Communicate effectively to create a no surprise environment.
- This leadership role is one that demonstrates a high level of service, commitment and execution.
- Work scope will require the individual to be involved in internal service coordination, including working between and across an operating company’s organization, especially with and in support of a variety of teams.
- Work scope also requires the individual to be fully supportive and proactively implement change and promote leading practices.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have at least 5 years of experience in human resources field with 2 years of management experience preferred. Society of Human Resource Management PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and policies. Bachelor degree in business, human resources, or a related field preferred.
- Competent in the multiple facets of human resources including: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization Development, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- Characteristics of work experience should demonstrate a background with a bias for action, management of complex multiple tasks and experienced working in a multi-discipline environment.
- Union Experience is preferred.
Successful candidates will have a strong skill/background including:
- Being an excellent written and verbal communicator and very approachable.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information is critical.
- Managing multiple tasks.
- Working in high performing team environments.
- Bringing about change and doing so with a positive attitude.
- Promote a healthy, safe, respectful work environment.
- MS Office Suite, Excel proficient. Acrobat, Internet, Ceridian Source
- Source (HRIS) experience highly desirable.
- PCRecruiter experience highly desirable.
- Successful candidates have to be team players and step up to the plate to lead when needed.
- Prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage time and details.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs
We value leadership; successful candidates should view this role as a senior leadership role that can be very impactful in how we execute our business and strategy.
About Fortune 500 Construction Company:
Company offers competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401-K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick &amp; Holidays. This is a fortune 500 company and global leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure, LEED construction, design/build, life safety, and facilities services.
Posted 3 years ago