Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open HR Manager Jobs in Tempe, AZ
Construction Human Resource Manager Extraordinaire
Are you currently HR Generalist who wants to take the next step to HR Manager? DO you like being hands-on, and in the center of everything? Do you like pitching in other departments as a team player?
Join a fortune 500 Company as their Human Resource Manager for a leading Mechanical Electrical Contractor in the Tempe area. If you have worked in the Construction industry as an HR Generalist or HR Manager and enjoy a hands on approach, please read on...
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Source and identify qualified job applicants for open positions. Ensure they are fully qualified before being presented to the hiring manager.
- Organize and attend job fairs as required to build Candidate Pipeline
- Conduct employment reference checks.
- Maintain a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; coach managers on candidate selection.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of available benefits, hold open enrollment meetings, monitor the processing of benefit claims; design and conduct educational programs on current benefit programs with third party vendors.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state employment requirements.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending employment policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records by utilizing an efficient filing and retrieval system; keep past and current records for appropriate periods in accordance with federal and state legal requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide leadership guidance and expertise to management staff in employment matters.
- Communicate effectively to create a no surprise environment.
- This leadership role is one that demonstrates a high level of service, commitment and execution.
- Work scope will require the individual to be involved in internal service coordination, including working between and across an operating company’s organization, especially with and in support of a variety of teams.
- Work scope also requires the individual to be fully supportive and proactively implement change and promote leading practices.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have at least 5 years of experience in human resources field with 2 years of management experience preferred. Society of Human Resource Management PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and policies. Bachelor degree in business, human resources, or a related field preferred.
- Competent in the multiple facets of human resources including: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization Development, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- Characteristics of work experience should demonstrate a background with a bias for action, management of complex multiple tasks and experienced working in a multi-discipline environment.
- Union Experience is preferred.
Successful candidates will have a strong skill/background including:
- Being an excellent written and verbal communicator and very approachable.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information is critical.
- Managing multiple tasks.
- Working in high performing team environments.
- Bringing about change and doing so with a positive attitude.
- Promote a healthy, safe, respectful work environment.
- MS Office Suite, Excel proficient. Acrobat, Internet, Ceridian Source
- Source (HRIS) experience highly desirable.
- PCRecruiter experience highly desirable.
- Successful candidates have to be team players and step up to the plate to lead when needed.
- Prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage time and details.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs
We value leadership; successful candidates should view this role as a senior leadership role that can be very impactful in how we execute our business and strategy.
About Fortune 500 Construction Company:
Company offers competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401-K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick &amp; Holidays. This is a fortune 500 company and global leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure, LEED construction, design/build, life safety, and facilities services.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse HR Manager jobs in Tempe, Arizona: