FOREM a flexible packaging manufacturing firm is searching for an motivated and knowledgeable individual to oversee the day to day operations our state of the art manufacturing facility.
Perform Other Duties as Instructed by Supervisor:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Participate in cost reduction programs, process, and product improvements
- Coordinate activities of all production departments
- Assist in selection, placement and development of personnel
- Provide appropriate coaching and resources to employees to assure business goals are met
- Complies with standards and processes such as Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure product quality
- Prioritize production activity based on master schedule, product mix, equipment efficiencies and available materials to ensure on-time customer delivery
- Participate in continuous improvement and cycle time reduction activities
- Ensure departmental targets are met for production, quality and cost objectives
- Ensure process efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage a facility and organization that will achieve customer satisfaction with on-time delivery of product that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Establish performance management tools and metrics to monitor the group’s ability to satisfy their customers’ needs
- Conduct validation of packaging equipment, packaging validation, packaging development, selection of sampling plans for packaging testing, in process controls and automated inspection lines
- Prior operational/manufacturing experience required
- Prior experience with packaging required
- Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to manage people
- Computer skills
- 4 Year degree in operations management, engineering, or similar discipline or equivalent experience