Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Research Director Jobs in New York, NY
Director of Research & Quality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Director of Research and Quality who understands an agile manufacturing environment run by an owner operator. The right candidate is expected to bring innovative, analytical and commercialization skills to the Company, working collaboratively with Operations, Supply Chain, and Sales and Marketing to ensure the Company offers best in class and cost competitive variety with the highest quality standards. Skills required include: highly developed food product development and quality assurance experience within the food industry; food science, food safety, nutrition, food processing, shelf-life and sensory analysis; financial acumen and strong vendor-supplier relationships; and a commitment to our natural food and growth driven culture.
- An excellent representative of our Company’s food, culture, and values.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of food policy and procedures.
- Quality assurance, verification or validation testing of inbound raw materials, in-process product, and outbound finished products.
- A key influencer in senior management meetings and Company’s strategic planning, exhibiting solid understanding of issues relevant to the business.
- Development of new food items including leading flavor trends, responsible for changes to existing foods for quality improvement or cost efficiencies, which support our brand.
- Responsible for scale-up of new food items and creation of product specifications, including ingredient statements and nutrition facts panels, so that the highest level of quality can be achieved under high volume production conditions.
- Provides Operations team with initial process procedures for new item commercialization.
- Responsible for all new item samples.
- Develops gold standards on new items to be used during commercial scale-up. Uses scientific methods to establish product parameters on gold standards. Tests and establishes acceptable variability around gold standards in order to create product specifications.
- Prepares Quality Assurance to ensure standards are met during commercial expansion.
- Reviews critical data involving product quality and ingredient concerns and resolves issues.
- Develops project background and objectives, preparation methods, measurements, calibrations, tastings, samples, and gold standards for R&D projects.
- Utilizes scientific methods to improve aspects of food items, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutrition, and cost, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- Performs yield and shelf-life analysis for all new items and changes to existing foods.
- Maintains data and records in an organized manner.
- Establishes and maintains the highest possible standards of scientific excellence and professionalism.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and professional maturity consistent with our values.
- Builds relationships with multiple functions (Operations, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, etc) with open channels of communication and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains effective and professional relationships with a network of purveyors and vendor-suppliers.
- Engages direct reports in developmental and leadership opportunities.
- Education in Food Science & Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working in R&D and QA within the food industry. Ability to source and utilize quality tools and analytical equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement creative solutions.
- Ability to taste flavors and describe sensory characteristics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to communicate with a diverse group of people; ability to apply Lean Six Sigma 5S principles with team.
- Ability to interpret data and use resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Qualifications in Food safety, HACCP, and SQF.
- Excellent computer skills including ESHA Genesis and Microsoft Products – Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent leadership, organization, and communication skills, interacting with customers both internal and external in both verbal and written form.
- High level of integrity and highly developed work ethic.
- Clear understanding of logistics of supplies/needs and timing.
- Denver based position.
- Directly supervises and participates in the Quality Assurance Manager and operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer.
- Typical office environment adequately heated and cooled.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment and possible extremes in temperature and working knowledge of laboratory and kitchen equipment.
- Some travel required to vendor-suppliers, trade-shows or conferences. Typical manufacturing environment during travel to vendor-suppliers.
- Collaborative work culture with C-Level Team
- Fast moving, customer focused with high growth culture.
- Owner operator environment with the excitement, upside and challenges of rapid growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
About Food manufacturer located in Denver Colorado.:
KLG Consultants, LLC provides outsourced talent acquisition, talent management and recruiting services to organizations of all sizes and types.
Our Denver, Colorado based client is fast growing food manufacturer located on Denver Colorado. They specialize in an ever evolving line of natural foods for a variety of customers.
Posted 1 year ago
Browse Research Director jobs in New York, New York: