Sorry, this job was closed 3 months ago. See all open Plant Supervisor Jobs in Buffalo, NY
Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Medical, Life, Vision
Supervises and coordinates manufacturing activities, including the workforce and processes, for the assembly, test and package of medical devices.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyzes work orders and sale orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
2. Interprets assembly and packaging instruction and insures all workers are properly trained for their assigned duties.
3. Using Lean principles plan the flow of materials and production through the manufacturing department and develops physical layouts (including new product introduction)
4. Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
5. Works with Manufacturing and Engineering to insure tooling is calibrated and has preventative maintenance performed as per schedule.
6. Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
7. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment using Lean principles to increase efficiency in manufacturing
8. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
9. Maintains time and attendance and production records.
10. Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
11. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
12. Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
Education & Qualifications:
1. Bachelor degree
2. Lean Experience required
3. Five or more years in a supervisory position with Medical Device and/or ISO experience preferred.
4. Team work and team leadership skills to work closely within department
5. Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
6. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
9. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
10. Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Inventory software.
The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide to the types of duties required to be undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and this description is subject to review. Modifications will be made as needed to support changes in the business climate and requirements.
About Filtration Group:
As a world leader in filtration innovation, we can provide a filtration solution for every situation. From custom sizing to industry specific materials and coatings, our engineers make sure our customers are covered. We take pride in delighting our customers by providing filtration solutions for every situation.
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Plant Supervisor jobs in Buffalo New York: