Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Project Assistant Jobs in Madison, WI
Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to
- Managing individual projects
- Corresponding with clients
- Assist Project Director in all phases of Agile Development cycle, across all projects
- Run daily Scrum meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (currently JIRA)
- Provide documentation of Planning meetings as needed
- Assist development teams in resolving blockers
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Identify project velocity issues
- Provide critique and feedback on projects
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Assist QA Lead with QA/QC and user testing
- Scheduling meetings
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who share a desire to make a difference. By making innovative educational games, we're working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work - and the best life - comes from a healthy balance between work and play; discipline and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch nights, Show N’ Tells, ropes course outings and the occasional Nerf battle.
- Our stylish, fun and relaxed office is conveniently located on the near east side of Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, vibrant tech industry and beautiful state capital. The near east side is a vibrant, mixed-use neighborhood near lake Monona that offers affordable housing, eclectic restaurants, music venues and retail stores—all within walking distance of our office. Even better, we’re only two miles from the heart of downtown and the university.
- Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/vision/dental care, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental coverage through Aflac, 401K retirement plan, subsidized metro travel, discounted gym membership, generous paid time off and extended holidays.
To Apply: Please visit our website at http://www.filamentgames.com/jobs/project-assistant and after fully reading the job posting; click the "APPLY NOW" button at the bottom of the job posting. Include your cover letter, addressed to Connor Hayes, and resume. In your cover letter, please include your responses to the questions listed as well as the contact information for three professional references. References must be a former supervisor or college professor.
Questions: Please respond to the following questions and include inline with your cover letter. Each question should be no more than one page in length, typed.
1. Why did you decide to go into Project Management/Game Production as a career? Where do you want to be in your career five years from now?
2. Describe the most complex project you have managed from start to finish: Provide a comprehensive answer explaining the project as you would to a client and not to somebody who has been involved in the project.
Explain the project, the formal processes, tools and techniques used to effectively manage the work. Explain the purpose, value and implementation of the most critical aspects of the project including managing the project work plan, the project schedule, the project risks, budget, the project issues, controlling scope, customer expectations and closing the project.
Where did you make a difference on the project in terms of expenditure, quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction and business/organizational success?
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
About Filament Games, LLC:
Filament Games is a game production studio that exclusively creates learning games. Our core competency is combining best practices in commercial game development with key concepts from the learning sciences. Accordingly, our senior staff is comprised of individuals who are equal parts game and instructional designers. Our dual literacy and high standards have earned numerous awards over the past several years.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Project Assistant jobs in Madison, Wisconsin:
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. in Madison, WI
Posted 8 days ago on iCIMS
Catholic Charities in Madison, WI
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Administrative Assistant - Ministry Partnership Development
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Madison, WI
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter