Filament Games is seeking a talented and experienced Project Assistant with excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and communication skills to join our ranks. Individuals with a strong work ethic and self motivation please step to the front.
Qualifications: Qualified Candidates must have a passion for gaming and creating fun, engaging experiences. An undergraduate’s degree or at least one year of experience working in video game production with knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle is required. A qualified candidate will have experience managing staggered production schedules as well as concurrent projects and be experienced at managing teams while holding them accountable for their goals and milestones.
Additionally, candidates must have the proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information in both oral and written form while successfully motivating others. Qualified candidates will also have the ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast paced, creative environment. Experience working with customers and project stakeholders, while tactfully communicating and controlling scope of the projects and maintaining budgets is essential in this role.
• PMP certification and/or Scrum/Agile certification
• Knowledge of game design and the video game
• Experience in other game development disciplines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, JIRA, Excel, Indie game production, and Subversion tracking is desirable.Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to
- Managing individual projects
- Corresponding with clients
- Assist Project Director in all phases of Agile Development cycle, across all projects
- Run daily Scrum meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (currently JIRA)
- Provide documentation of Planning meetings as needed
- Assist development teams in resolving blockers
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Identify project velocity issues
- Provide critique and feedback on projects
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Assist QA Lead with QA/QC and user testing
- Scheduling meetings
About Filament Games: Filament Games is a game production studio that exclusively creates learning games. Our core competency is producing games that combine best practices in commercial game development with key concepts from the learning sciences. Since our inception in 2005, Filament has developed over 50 educational games for clients ranging from National Geographic’s JASON Science to Justice Sandra Day O’Connor’s iCivics Inc. We are currently transitioning from being solely a work-for-hire development shop to taking to market the games that we develop for our own commercialization. We plan for the future of our company to involve a blend of work-for-hire business and product sales.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who share a desire to make a difference. By making innovative educational games, we're working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work - and the best life - comes from a healthy balance between work and play; discipline and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch nights, Show N’ Tells, ropes course outings and the occasional Nerf battle.
- Our stylish, fun and relaxed office is conveniently located on the near east side of Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, vibrant tech industry and beautiful state capital. The near east side is a vibrant, mixed-use neighborhood near lake Monona that offers affordable housing, eclectic restaurants, music venues and retail stores—all within walking distance of our office. Even better, we’re only two miles from the heart of downtown and the university.
- Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/vision/dental care, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental coverage through Aflac, 401K retirement plan, subsidized metro travel, discounted gym membership, generous paid time off and extended holidays.
So what are you waiting for? Apply today and help us craft the future of educational gaming!
To Apply: Please visit our website at http://www.filamentgames.com/jobs/project-assistant and after fully reading the job posting; click the "APPLY NOW" button at the bottom of the job posting. Include your cover letter, addressed to Connor Hayes, and resume. In your cover letter, please include your responses to the questions listed as well as the contact information for three professional references. References must be a former supervisor or college professor.
Questions: Please respond to the following questions and include inline with your cover letter. Each question should be no more than one page in length, typed.
1. Why did you decide to go into Project Management/Game Production as a career? Where do you want to be in your career five years from now?
2. Describe the most complex project you have managed from start to finish: Provide a comprehensive answer explaining the project as you would to a client and not to somebody who has been involved in the project.
Explain the project, the formal processes, tools and techniques used to effectively manage the work. Explain the purpose, value and implementation of the most critical aspects of the project including managing the project work plan, the project schedule, the project risks, budget, the project issues, controlling scope, customer expectations and closing the project.
Where did you make a difference on the project in terms of expenditure, quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction and business/organizational success?
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.