Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, Vision
The Safety Coordinator will provide technical health and safety support to Operations and administrative personnel, implement Group and Corporate Health and Safety objectives and programs, ensure employees receive required training and ensure compliance with current Federal and State health and safety regulations.
- Works safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same, both internally and externally, ensuring a strong safety culture throughout the workforce. Assist management in the development, communication and implementation of Branch safety priorities, Annual Safety Management plan and Group.
- Works to reduce injuries and serious incidents through audits, JSA/TSA development and training, hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- Conducts risk assessments, advises management on problems and makes recommendations for corrections.
- Conducts incident/accident investigations and performs cost analysis associated with each occurrence.
- Review and approve Risk Assessments provided by field management.
- Monitors the reporting of hazard ids and near misses, leads accident investigations, using TapRoot, if on a Fenner site; tracks corrective actions to completion; assists with the reporting of worker compensation claims.
- Travels to various sites and conducts routine inspections, risk analysis and audits to ensure compliance.
- Reviews Job Safety Analysis (JSA) -the on-site hazard assessment completed by crews prior to starting projects. Reviews assessments with mine operators. Manages JSA completion and tracking for management reporting. Provide training to staff on how to complete a JSA.
- Ensure employees receive MSHA/OSHA training as required; ensures additional training as necessary to foster and encourage a proactive behavior based safety culture.
- Assist the Branch Management and Human Resources Department with the Corporate Drug & Alcohol Policy; i.e. random testing, reasonable suspicion and post-accident.
- Professional behavior is required during working hours, while on customer's sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business.
- Promote, record and track all safety initiatives/incentives within FDA; including safety issues, leading/lagging indicators and accidents.
- Academy of Conveyor Excellence safety training support; serve on ad-hoc safety trainingdevelopment teams, and assist the Training Manager in the development of programs & processes to deliver employee skills training in a safe, compliant manner.
- Prepare and submit reports as necessary to the Branch, Corporate and Group.
- Provide weekly safety talks.
- Ensure expectations are developed and implemented at each of the Services branches in regards to the Fenner Dunlop's Safety Program. Provide quarterly updates to the corporate EHS group for reporting to the BOD.
- Monitor FDECS Safety Management Plan -implement annual plan by delivering training, communication and information to reduce accident occurrences and improve hazard identification, conduct risk assessments and process improvement.
- Use designated software to support initiatives and track lagging indicators.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Safety or a related discipline minimum of 6 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 6+ years’ experience providing administrative support and coordination of technical functions in a corporate setting.
- OSHA 500 Train-the-Trainer.
- ISNetworld, Browz, and Pics Safety Database.
- MSHA Certification (surface and underground).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, decision making and time management skills, detail oriented, flexible and adaptable.
- Strong leadership and team development skills, conflict resolution and organizational skills and customer support.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to operate machines, hand tools and knowledge of surface and underground mining.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Travel of 50%
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Frequent manual dexterity (e.g., grasping, pulling, etc.)
- Routinely stand, squat, and/or work in confines spaces
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical electrical, chemical gases, etc.)
- Work in varying atmospheric conditions (e.g., fumes, dust, gases, etc.)
- Work in varying physical conditions (e.g., noise, humidity, vibration, weather changes, etc.)
- Ability to work at elevated and underground worksites
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
About Fenner Dunlop Americas:
Fenner Dunlop Americas provides Engineered Conveyor Solutions and has been a global leader in conveyor belting for industrial markets for over 150 years. We are a single solutions provider of conveyor system design, system install and conveyor services across North and South America. Fenner Dunlop America is uniquely poised to supply safe and reliable conveyor belting, conveyor structure, components and conveyor service to a variety of heavy industrial markets such as coal mining, hard rock mining, sand, gravel, wood handling, power generation, pulp and paper.
5 months ago