Job Title: Telecom Projects and Design Engineer Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Company Profile: Federated Service Solutions (est 2004) specializes in Telecommunications Technology Deployment in a variety of industries; from single site to large scale national rollouts. Our dedicated and qualified Team is able to offer an all inclusive deployment and installation Team. FSS, headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, is national in scope, local in delivery and fast in response. For more information, please visit www.federatedservice.com.
Job Summary: Our Project Engineer will support our field Technicians, Team and Clients by providing design, engineering, technical expertise, and cost estimates on a variety of telecom projects. The ideal individual will have a broad range of telecommunications experience and will be familiar and comfortable with the design, conception, installation and end-user training in the following: Data Networks and Infrastructure, Voice/Telephone Systems, Fiber Optics, Wireless RF Access Points and Sensors, PoE, IP Surveillance, Intercom and Paging Systems, Audio/Video Systems, Sound Reinforcement, CATV, CCTV, and RF Distribution Systems.
This is a long term career in a very fast paced environment for an individual who is looking for a full time, direct hire, salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package (PTO, Holiday, 401K, and Life/Medical/Dental/Vision/S&L Disability insurances).
The Ideal Responsible Individual will:
· Have a professional and positive attitude, a sense of urgency and a strong work ethic
· Have the ability to lift and move heavy boxes/materials/equipment
· Design; Configure; Test; Evaluate; Troubleshoot and Create
· Maximize efficiency and cost savings for each project
· Develop and provide technical training for field technicians and support staff
· Work with Sales Team to develop solutions for Clients; assist with sales proposals
· Assist with creating technical presentations for training and promotional needs
· Analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, and carry out appropriate decisions made
· Create or revise detailed engineering drawings, engineering specifications, Scopes of Work, instructions, procedures, and manuals
· Build professional relationships with Team and End-users; communicate project status and needs
· Ensure compliance to safety and Company policies and procedures
· Have at minimum a High school diploma/GED AND 3-5 years of related experience (Design, Technician, Engineering, etc)
· Have at least one professional certification in: CTS, CCNA, CWTS/CWNA, NICET, CompTIA Network+, A+, MCP, MCSM, MCSE; highly prefer RCDD
· Have previous CAD experience
· Have intermediate skills in Windows, Networking and MS Office (including Excel formulas)
· Be proficient in estimating procedures, bidding processes and technical documents (scope of work, manuals, specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, etc)
· Have business professional skills and etiquette
· Be able to travel overnight for project visits and key installations; able to work evenings and weekends in order to meet Customer’s needs
· Be able to bend, push, pull, stoop, climb, and lift 50 pounds frequently
How to Apply and Next Steps:
For immediate consideration, career seekers should submit their cover letter with salary requirements and professional resume in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format. Individuals that are selected to move forward will receive an emailed Questionnaire as a first step in our interviewing process, so please watch for an email within 1-2 weeks (look in your junk folders too). If you do not receive a Questionnaire, you have not been selected to move forward for this position at this time. We apologize that we are only able to respond to those that we feel will best fit our current needs AND who submit a cover letter with pay requirements and a current resume. We will keep your information on file for at least one year for possible future consideration. Thank you for your time and interest and we wish you the best in your career search! Federated Service Solutions is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Words: project manager, design, data networks, infrastructure, engineer, engineering, telecom, telecommunications deployment, client relations, customer management, negotiation, bids, RFQ, RFP, voice, data, structured cabling, audio systems, video systems, CCTV, CATV, IP surveillance, intercom, paging, sound reinforcement, RF distribution, fiber optic, wireless access point, estimating, RFP, ROI, RFB
About Federated Service Solutions:
Federated Service Solutions is a Nationwide Technology Deployment company. From single-point installation assistance to management of complex mega-sites across multiple time zones, we are set up to handle any size technology deployment project. With over a decade of experience in site preparation, infrastructure deployment and new product technology rollout, we are committed to delivering our Clients' projects on time and on budget. FSS works with the Client to provide exceptional service with scalable resources, including on-site services, professional (engineering, design, project management) services, remote support services, and staging, configuration and installation services. There is a tight comradeship amongst our Teammates, and it shows in the support of each other through every Telecom Project or task; and it shows in the fun activities we participate in like bowling league, golf outing, cupcake contests, cookoffs & potlucks, in-office Spirit Days, summer family picnic, and holiday party we participate in; and it shows in the amazing service we're able to provide our Clients.
FSS direct hire Employees enjoy many benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Flex Spending Health Account, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays.