The Federal Tax Authority (Fed-Tax), an exciting Internet startup in Norwalk and Seattle, is seeking an experienced Microsoft ASP.NET software engineer to join our small but rapidly growing team.
The ideal candidate brings strong experience designing and implementing Internet-scale web sites. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering, and will work with a small team of experienced engineers to design, implement, and test core pieces of our customer-facing websites. The position will provide daily technical challenges, design decisions, and as much responsibility as you can handle. This is a great opportunity to join a new, dynamic company with a unique technology on the ground floor and help take it to the next level.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* 5-10 years experience developing highly scalable user-facing consumer web sites at a massive scale
* 3-5 years experience with ASP.NET and C#
* You must consider yourself an experienced Windows developer and being able to back that up
* 3-5 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
* Familiarity with SVN
* Experience working with Amazon's EC2 would be ideal
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in small groups
* Previous experience in startups is a big plus
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Passion and desire to make an impact
* BS Computer Science or equivalent
Local candidates only, no relocation (Greater Norwalk Area).
No third party applications.
FedTax.net is a private company that is committed to making it easy for online merchants to collect sales tax. Our easy-to-use, web-accessible service allows sellers to determine the correct amount of sales tax due for any transaction, and then collect and remit those sales taxes to the appropriate taxing jurisdiction. Our innovative model features simple integration with merchant sites, and direct business relationships with state and local governments to facilitate payment and remittance. Over $20 Billion of potential sales tax revenue generated by remote sellers is uncollected each year, and our business model allows us to capture a significant percentage of that revenue stream over time.