Farmer Brothers Company has an excellent opportunity for a Field Sales Representative, Spice Products. The Field Sales position sells the breadth of the product line in an un-assigned geographic territory, focusing on industrial spice products. Sells to new buyers and accounts secured in past twelve (12) months. Requires a balanced sales effort involving sales/prospecting skills and product knowledge, problem solving and solution selling skills.
1. Responsible for new profitable business acquisition with foodservice operators, food manufacturing plants, restaurants, meat packers and other purchasers of large volume spice products.
2. Identifies, qualifies and sells business to new buyers. Contacts and visits customers, provides solutions to business issues that face the customer, Quotes prices and delivery dates, and provides customers with information pertaining to new product offerings or product improvements. Develop and execute sales presentations to support and grow sales volume.
3. Assesses customer and key decision-makers' needs and determines the appropriate sales message and sales solution to exceed customer needs.
4. Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items.
5. Takes lead role in the new account sales process, coordinating various resources to successfully close sales. Responsible for prospecting new customers. Tracks all activity on new customers on a weekly basis and reports to management.
6. Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any concerns customer may have.
7. Builds and maintains network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and obtain prospects. Creates leads through research, networking and collaborative efforts.
8. Conducts territory analysis and planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and customers.
9. Supports and participates in team sales initiatives where applicable by gathering and communicating pertinent information for assigned accounts.
10. Performs miscellaneous position related duties, as designed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience directly related to sales. Prior experience
in Spice sales-related. environment strongly preferred.
- Local travel required.
- Clean driving record.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required as well as the ability
to conduct a high level of professionalism especially when dealing with
complex issues or problems.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
At Farmer Brothers Company we want our employees to succeed…their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Farmer Brothers is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products. Some of the well known brands include Superior Coffee, Prebica, McGarvey and Cain's Coffee. Our product lines and services are specifically focused on the needs of our customers: foodservice establishments including restaurants, hotels, casinos, hospitals and foodservice providers, as well as retailers such as convenience stores, coffee houses, general merchandisers, private label retailers and grocery stores. We distribute our products through direct and brokered sales, primarily through our off-the-truck distribution network, to our foodservice customers at their places of business. Our signature trucks and vans bearing the "Consistently Good" logo are seen throughout the 48 contiguous United States. Our mission is to sell great coffee, tea and culinary products and provide superior service one customer at a time. Visit our company website at www.farmerbrosco.com
Browse field sales representative jobs in Torrance, California:
Mosaic Sales Solutions in Huntington Beach, CA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
CrossCheck, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Mosaic Sales Solutions in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 25 days ago on ZipRecruiter