Farmer Brothers Company
has an excellent opportunity for a Lab Assistant
who is responsible for maintaining the Green Coffee and Allied Product Labs according to internal and industry standards.RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Cupping set up.
- Cupping clean up/dishwashing.
- Sample Roasting.
- Getting samples from the warehouse.
- Green Coffee Sample Grading
- Detailed cupping note inputting.
- Preparation of paperwork related to approvals and rejections of coffee contracts.
- Physical organization of samples in the lab.
- Overall lab maintenance, organization and clean up.
- Assist other department managers/supervisors with projects as needed.
- Support Product Development Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience in coffee, either as a barista or roaster.
- Minimum of 2-3 years operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, specifically: MS Word and Excel.
- Team oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
At Farmer Brothers Company we want our employees to succeed…their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About Farmer Brothers:
Founded in 1912, Farmer Bros. Co. is a manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products. The Company is a direct distributor of coffee to restaurants, hotels, casinos, offices, quick service restaurants (QSR's), convenience stores, healthcare facilities and other food service providers, as well as private brand retailers in the QSR, grocery, drugstore, restaurant, convenience store, and independent coffee house channels. The Company's product lines include roasted coffee, liquid coffee, coffee-related products such as coffee filters, sugar and creamers, assorted iced and hot teas, cappuccino, cocoa, spices, gelatins and puddings, soup bases, dressings, gravy and sauce mixes, pancake and biscuit mixes, and jellies and preserves.
Headquartered in Northlake, TX., Farmer Brothers generated net sales of over $500 million in fiscal 2014 and has approximately 1,800 employees nationwide. The Company's primary brands include Farmer Brothers, Artisan Collection by Farmer BrothersTM, Superior, MetropolitanTM , Cain'sTM and McGarveyTM. For more information, visit: www.farmerbros.com.
At Farmer Brothers we want our employees to succeed...their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 3 years ago