Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Data Warehouse Specialist Jobs in Washington, DC
Data Warehouse Specialist/NetApp
Temporary to permanent position after 6 months 3 years left on the contract US Citizens only
Work with the client staff to determine data storage, mining and analysis requirements, and translating them into actionable systems designs.
• Assist the client staff in deploying SAS Fraud Framework.
• Monitor storage and react to rapid growth rates supporting storage when integrating with the Virtual and Data Warehouse environments.
• Perform storage and patch management relating to Data Warehousing.
• Support the life cycle of NetApps for the client initiative, which includes resizing storage, reviewing security configurations, reviewing and configuring performance standards, and assist with backup troubleshooting of exchange servers while following best practices.
• Provide technical guidance and training to the implementation teams (other contractors and/or systems integrators), as well as ensure the implementations follow best practice configuration principles.
• Provide the technical connection between Project Managers and DBAs.
• Virtualize servers to recoup hardware for VMWare ESX host.
• Advise IT staff on key architectural decisions concerning the platform and the supporting technologies.
• Evaluate projects from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the development methods used are correct and practical.
• Migrate servers and restore images.
• Identify resources, estimate timelines for project completion, and sign off on system requirements.
• Produce technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable and scalable.
• Migrate the Data Warehouse from host file system to Oracle ASM.
• Deliver solutions including database consolidation, implementation, and application integration with stress on architectural services.
• Conduct technical project reviews.
• Deploy VMWare Site Recovery Manager.
• Operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
Education/Equivalent Training Required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Experience (state type and preferred # of years) 10-15 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience to include:
7 - 8 years of related infrastructure support experience.
5 years of related experience in Data Warehousing.
A minimum of 4 years of storage experience.
A minimum of 3 years of virtualization.
A minimum of 2 years of Oracle back-end DBA experience supporting integration storage.
Unique/Additional Requirements Must be flexible to work an after-hour shift on occasions to support upgrades, patch releases, after hour request, etc. Must be detail oriented.
Must have strong NetApp experience.
Comments Candidate must be able to gain and maintain a Public Trust 6C.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Customer Service Call Center
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Data Warehouse Specialist jobs in Washington, D.C.:
Data Warehouse Specialist -- WMATA 062216-001
NBS Enterprises, LLC in Washington, DC
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
CAD/ RMS Application Data Warehouse Specialist
ALTEK Information Technology, Inc in Washington, DC
Posted 4 days ago on Dice
Data Warehouse Specialist
VIVA USA INC in Washington, DC
Posted 5 days ago on Beyond