“Join a team and company that truly changes lives!”
Position Overview: Under general supervision, the mechanic independently overhauls, troubleshoots and repairs machinery, equipment and the facility at large as well as installing new equipment. The Mechanic shall be required to perform work in one or more of the following manufacturing areas: component preparation, compounding, filling, capping, packaging, and machine shop. When working in a production environment, the Mechanic will work with the area Production Supervisor to determine work/repair priorities that may impact their operation.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
· Performs Preventive maintenance on equipment and plant systems.
· Performs setup and installation of equipment and training for production employees on machine operation.
· Diagnoses malfunctions of production equipment and utility systems and makes necessary repairs.
· Completes work orders as assigned
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
· As a part of the employee’s job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes including hazardous wastes. The employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
Scope: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Trade School or equivalent related training in a trade such as electrical, pipe fitting, machinist, etc.
· Five years’ work experience in a trade. Prefer industrial experience. Trades include electrical, pipe fitting, machinist, etc.
· Needs to be aseptic gown qualified during employment.
· Needs to pass full face respirator fit testing as part of pre-employment screening.
· Must be able to interpret drawings and schematics.
· Must have good written and verbal skills.
· Must be proficient in maintaining documentation.
About Exelead, Inc.:
At Exelead, we approach contract manufacturing with focused expertise on liposomal and PEGylated formulations to treat rare diseases and small or underserved populations. We specialize in the development and manufacture of lipid-based, parenteral drug products, and our team has more than 20 years' experience working with a wide range of preclinical, clinical and commercial customers.