In this role you will assess, design, implement, and support small to large network projects. The Wireless Engineer will be responsible for working on both indoor and outdoor wireless to support public safety and public broadband access, starting with the underserved WARDS will also be testing solar power options for wireless repeater locations. Upon completion of testing and selection, the engineer will begin the design, planning and implementation of over 200 nodes. Project requires design and implement complex IP-based wireless systems that satisfy specific end-customer requirements. WLAN and 802.11 a/b/g/i/n expertise; The position may require climbing ladder and lifting upto 50 lbs. Development of new wireless system project proposals will be required which would include the development of proposal text, drawings and material content that effectively describes the system and special equipment being offered.
Skills, experience and certifications required for consideration:
- At least 5-years experience with:
- Wireless LAN and 802.11a/b/g/i technologies to deliver voice, data & video
- Designing critical, large wireless network infrastructures
- Perform wireless site survey & RF signal propagation testing
- Knows vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
- Exp. Cisco wireless management platform (WCS/NCS)