Our client is seeking a full-time Director of Product Management to manage and lead their growing data management product. Your experience managing NoSQL, columnar DBs or key-value store type products, and background with the traditional data management alternatives will be key here.
This role will further define and drive product requirements, prioritization and execution. The successful candidate will work closely with customers, engineering and other cross-functional team members to define and prioritize market-driven features, functionality and enhancements. He/she will evaluate industry trends and competitive offerings, drive product planning, development, documentation, customer beta testing and launch activities. He/she will act as the product champion and user advocate throughout the product life cycle.
- At least 3 years experience in a product management in enterprise software (middleware), with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
- Strong technical background, with BS in Computer Science or a related technical subject required
- Significant experience with core technologies like: Enterprise Java, JDBC, NoSQL, Berkeley DB / Derby, Hadoop
- Highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and thorough
- Experience developing concise accurate requirements / functional specifications and user stories
- Passion for new technologies, analyzing competition, customers and markets
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment, and able to manage and lead across cross-functional teams